Fund the NHS adequately

Motability Operations’ annual turnover is around £4.2bn, I dont know how much its leader should be paid(Mike Betts); how much do you think?

Motability pricing is independently assessed as being more than 40% cheaper than retail lease agreements, which is possible because of the unique VAT concessions that the Motability Scheme enjoys.

Well maybe the CEO of Motability could spare the £50 each out of his £1.7 million to restore the mobility allowance of my 3 mates who've had it withdrawn. I don't think he'll miss the £150 quid (he'll still have £1,699,850 left after all) but it will make all the difference to them, now stuck in their homes...

How much more tax do you want to pay? An extra 20p on fuel? 40% VAT? 20% rise in council tax - as governments and councils are finally starting to twig, unless you improve social care as well, the NHS will still buckle a bit. But all of that can be yours if we all pay much much more.

What about cutting Overseas Aid most of which is milked off by corrupt governments.

---------- Post added 27-02-2018 at 11:27 ----------

Isn't that the going rate given the size and budget of the organisation?

You have to pay competitively in order to attract people of the right competency.

What is the going rate for Tax Avoidance and the £Trillions of wasted Overseas Aid money over 60+years that has achieved virtually zero results.

What about cutting Overseas Aid most of which is milked off by corrupt governments.

Most? I'd like to see something outside of a fact-free daily mail rant as proof. But let's say that's true. Do you think an extra £12bn will fix it? Do you think that cutting foreign aid will help us on the international stage?

I'd also suggest that aid programmes, whilst far from being universally successful, have stemmed the tide of people trying to get to the uk. Do you want more foreigners to come here?

Edited by tinfoilhat

Lefties and Tory bashers are quiet about this today:

NHS pay: Unions agree deal for 1.3 million staff

More than one million NHS staff, including nurses, porters and paramedics, can expect pay increases of at least 6.5% over three years - with some rises being as high as 29%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43481341

More than one million NHS staff, including nurses, porters and paramedics, can expect pay increases of at least 6.5% over three years - with some rises being as high as 29%.

The Royal College of Nursing claims average pay for nurses has fallen by more than 14% in real terms since 2010, so it's a start, but the reality is this is barely addressing an imbalance caused by the tories in the first place.

Essentially they've been dragged, kicking and screaming, as a result of the Brexit £350m promise. People expect the NHS to start seeing that money and lord knows this government needs some good news.

Lets hope it's not like that £450m May pledged to Police budgets:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/statistics-watchdog-raps-prime-minister-12222492

Well it certainly seems like good news.

However, as some guy on TV said, let's see what's in the small print before we get too excited.

The NHS will never be funded 'adequately', because the more you put into a free public service, the more it will expand its offering into new areas for more and more people, and so it continues.

Candidly, it looks to me like the biggest drain on the NHS is overuse by people who frankly don't need it, and use it simply because it's there. Heading to the local GP is for them an outing, a time to be the centre of someone's attention, and their ailments (which likely could be dealt with by a trip to the chemist) become the be all and end all of their existence.

It's human nature.

Well it certainly seems like good news.

However, as some guy on TV said, let's see what's in the small print before we get too excited.

It is still below inflation at the current rate, for those that will only get the 6.5%, and they have to wait 3 years. I personally think this it's a bad deal.

compared to recent years our inflation rate is low, so if/when inflation rises what have they got?

For comparision, annual premiums in America average $18,142 for a family. That's about £3,600 per person - more than three times as much as we pay.

We have one but it is under utilised -- everyone has a NHS number.

Beyond that, the National ID Card project got scrapped when the public caught on about how it would be used to build up a database of their daily movements. But the project was costing many many times more than is spent on health tourism.

The health tourism bill only about 0.3% of NHS spending. Whatever hospitals choose to do, they need to keep it in context and low cost.

visit any A&E any night to discover more than 0.3% of patients will not be NHS contributors.

visit any A&E any night to discover more than 0.3% of patients will not be NHS contributors.

Why are non NHS contributors more prone to accidents and emergencies?

Why do you think the figure is higher than 0.30%?

Are you an A&E worker or do you spend a lot of time there?

Why are non NHS contributors more prone to accidents and emergencies?

Why do you think the figure is higher than 0.30%?

Are you an A&E worker or do you spend a lot of time there?

Many can't speak English and have to check in with the interpreter service and use the A&E because they are ,for one reason or another , not registered with a GP.

Edited by choogling

It is still below inflation at the current rate, for those that will only get the 6.5%, and they have to wait 3 years. I personally think this it's a bad deal.

compared to recent years our inflation rate is low, so if/when inflation rises what have they got?

I agree.

It has surprised me that there has been a lack of scrutiny by the media. Is 6.5% below inflation, the BBC haven't said either way.

I believe it may well be below inflation, it now stands at 2.6%, I believe that the GMB have said its a bad deal.

The deal is tiered with the lowest-paid in each job receiving the biggest rise.

So that means doctors and nurses will get well below 6.5%, and there is a recruitment problem.