Huawei Mobile Users

Hi all, I'm due an upgrade with my mobile deal. Anybody had any experience with Huawei mobiles? Any good/bad thoughts? Thank you.

Hi, don't own one personally but family member was so fed up with their iPhone battery issue that they swapped to Huawei P10 Plus which was on special offer over Christmas/New Year. They were thinking of the standard P10 but I advised for the extra money it was worth going for the Plus - and it was. Very neat Camera that realigns group shots to ensure everyone gets in the picture. ;)

I have the Huawei Y6 II Compact and is a great phone, very good camera and good battery life, obviously battery is not as good after 18 months and needs charging every day. I wouldn't hesitate in having another one. When my contract with EE finished I bought the phone from CPW and went with Giff Gaff as the phone came unlocked.

Edited by iansheff

I switched from Pixel XL 128GB (original) on EE to the Mate Pro 10 (unlocked sim-free) and got an advanced 3 plan.

I also traded in my Nexus 6 and with the offer on the phone in CPW, I paid £429 cash (£529 without trade-in)

So far I'm very happy with the choice I made and think the device is worth the money (I wasn't willing to pay extortionate amount for the Pixel 2 XL 128GB)

Pros

Cheaper than Pixel 2 XL 128GB

Excellent camera capabilities (also see cons for this) - lot quicker to focus than Pixel XL

Very quick

WiFi calling works (on three anyway) so no need for app

Not a lot of bloatware compared to earlier devices

Bluetooth connectivity seems to be better than my Pixel XL

Comes with Screen Protector (installed) and Case

Cheap (at moment)

Cons

Stock Widgets cause other launchers to crash (Nova, Apex, etc, etc)

Last security update was November (Huawei are usually slow at providing updates (based on my watch updates))

Camera can only shoot 4:3 @ 20mp, 18:9 @ 8mp

Do not upgrade your phone yet,as the Mobile Conference in Barcelona starts today and last for a week or two,so you will then be able to see the New phones for 2018 from All the companies except Apple,Samsung,Sony & Nokia will be showing off there new phones today,so wait to see what is on offer then Upgrade your phone

Saw that CPW are doing the Huawei P8 lite for £129.99 which is not a bad price, 3gb RAM and quite a good battery life .

Edited by iansheff