Faith and Front Line Workers; Sheffield Council.

Sheffield Council is asking its front line workers to complete a questionnaire available here asking about their faith and if they would like support, including prayer.

As a council employee, I find this wrong on so many levels and am at a loss to comprehend why the council has agreed to promote this. What are your views?

I can't understand your loss of comprehension it's a survey your not required to fill out so don't.

my place of work has many of these none are compulsory

It's already been mentioned that faith groups have asked the mayor and it may also help that if people say they are stressed.

As I say your not required so stop working yourself up about it you may not be religious but a lot are so they may feel more comfortable filling it out.

Only the council could come up with political correct cobblers like this. Why is it that public sector employers feel they have to be "diverse" and pander to everyones faith`s ?

You go to work to do a job, not pray to your imaginary friend from a religious comic.

Stop talking common sense or you will get a lengthy ban.

Stop talking common sense or you will get a lengthy ban.

However, little Tony is not talking common sense. The survey is from Sheffield Faiths Together and is being distributed to SCC employees as a favour to the Lord Mayor.

As usual, Tony has not read the whole thread just picked up the bit he could moan about, viz. someone mentioned SCC.

However, little Tony is not talking common sense. The survey is from Sheffield Faiths Together and is being distributed to SCC employees as a favour to the Lord Mayor.

As usual, Tony has not read the whole thread just picked up the bit he could moan about, viz. someone mentioned SCC.

But none of this was made clear when the form appeared in people's boxes. There was no indication of who or why. I still don't agree that the council should be endorsing faith-based support without being very clear about what is being offered.

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 23:19 ----------

And the Sheffield Faiths Together website is so 'last year.'

I got a response to my email from Policy, Performance and Communications regarding the survey;

"The survey has mainly been shared via staff newsletters to be completed online. For staff without access to the internet the intention was for some hard copies to be left in communal spaces, along with the explanation about the survey and the address for postal returns. So apologies again that it was shared with you in that way, this was an oversight. A further message has been sent to managers.

The Council employs a diverse workforce and is committed to promoting a positive working environment which includes respecting employees’ religious and philosophical beliefs.

The request to share the survey came via our Lord Mayor, Cllr Anne Murphy, in conversation with HR.

The survey is entirely optional for staff to complete. It has been compiled by ‘Sheffield Faiths Together’ and is open to people of all faiths and none. The findings will be compiled by ‘Sheffield Faiths Together’ and will be shared with faith leaders who will determine what action (if any) will be taken e.g. additional provision / resources.

Although the findings of the survey may be shared with the Council, this would not affect the statutory obligations of the Council to its staff, nor would it result in any reduction in the range of support the Council provides."

I still haven't had an answer to what criteria determine if a survey is promoted to staff by the council. It would seem that if the mayor endorses it, then HR will put it 'out there'.

Typical public sector politically correct cobblers.

Here's yet another reason why public bodies should keep out of all matters religious.

If you want to pray, or chat about god(s) then it can be done in your own time, like badminton.

Typical public sector politically correct cobblers.

Hiya Penny, you alright flower :wave:

You shouldn’t knock the brainwashed religious types, they’re the only thing preventing gays from adopting kids