Freehold AND leasehold property- covenant restrictions

looking to buy freehold ,i sent them a letter to inform them i was interested in purchasing the freehold .do you think 2 months is still a reasonable amount of time?

Those letters can sometimes go ignored, you need to properly serve Notice of Claim.

looking to buy freehold ,i sent them a letter to inform them i was interested in purchasing the freehold .do you think 2 months is still a reasonable amount of time?

Those letters can sometimes go ignored, you need to properly serve Notice of Claim.

Yes. There's no obligation to reply to a letter and no consequences for failure to reply.

But a formal Notice of Claim has legal consequences for both the person serving it and the person on whom it is served.

finding it tricky to get in touch with freeholder!

You can check name of current freeholder in the records held at Land Registry Online and buy a copy of the freehold title for your property address . This cost £3 by credit card and you can download the copy to your email address.

if there is no contact address, you can advertise in the local newspaper asking Joe Bloggs to contact you .

Yes. There's no obligation to reply to a letter and no consequences for failure to reply.

But a formal Notice of Claim has legal consequences for both the person serving it and the person on whom it is served.

Do you think I should look at getting a solicitor to deal with this or is it something I could do myself .ie a form to fill out through the courts?

If it is a solicitor I need how much will this cost .

Thank you

You can check name of current freeholder in the records held at Land Registry Online and buy a copy of the freehold title for your property address . This cost £3 by credit card and you can download the copy to your email address.

Yes. Use only the official HMLR website, at https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0C7IdFQG9k5Tz/

---------- Post added 08-02-2018 at 17:44 ----------

Do you think I should look at getting a solicitor to deal with this or is it something I could do myself .ie a form to fill out through the courts?

If it is a solicitor I need how much will this cost

Yes, you ought to use a solicitor so as to ensure that the exercise is correctly undertaken.

Apart from any negotiations/Tribunal detour, the cost of the conveyancing work for you should usually be about £600 to £700 + VAT/HMLR fees.

---------- Post added 08-02-2018 at 17:44 ----------

[/color]

Yes, you ought to use a solicitor so as to ensure that the exercise is correctly undertaken.

Apart from any negotiations/Tribunal detour, the cost of the conveyancing work for you should usually be about £600 to £700 + VAT/HMLR fees.

So I have the name and address of the freeholder,who I have sent a personnel letter hoping to negotiate the sale of the freehold.the lease as 900+ years left with a £6 per annum rent charge.

Apart from the freehold cost Would £600 to £700 be the total professional fees to purchase the freehold ?

Apart from the freehold cost Would £600 to £700 be the total professional fees to purchase the freehold ?

Yes, but that's not the total. I said "about £600 to £700 + VAT/HMLR fees".