OiSoi new ish restaurant- any forum folk been?

been here a few times, always been really impressed with the food. Would definitely recommend

Visited for the first time this evening and was pleasantly surprised. Really busy on a Wednesday and a nice atmosphere whilst not being too loud for a proper conversation with my friend. The drinks offer was good and the food options were good too. They will change vegetarian options to suit vegans which is perfect for me. Really friendlybstaff. Total bill for 2 beers, 2 starters, 2 mains and 1 portion of rice was just under £50. Good value for the quality of the place and the food on offer.

We "discovered" OiSoi about 15 months ago, and truthfully, along with. Milano's it is head and shoulders above any other place in the city. If you want to walk in without booking you will probably end up downstairs. Informal, relaxed, food still great, however, the real treat is to ensure you book to sit upstairs.Elegant surroundings, very friendly, attentive staff, and the food is to die for. I don't know what people consider pricy or reasonable, but for us it has hit the spot every time we have been.

We recently went to a Pizza place in Kelham Island area, £40 with a couple of drinks, and it was average at best, so another 20 or so for a night and day difference is well worth it in my book.

Give it a try, if you are into Thai Fusion style food..I don't think you will be disappointed.

AND tell me the front of house guy is NOT a body double for Serge, the Art gallery guy in Beverly Hills Cop!! You need to be quite old to recall him, but once it's in your mind!

All very polite/friendly and will talk to you in general if you engage them, it's always nice to know a persons "journey" to end up working in a grim Northern town when they are clearly not from here.

Funnily enough, we have just had to cancel a Saturday night booking due to us both having the flu virus!!

What Korean food did they have?