Do you get time to listen to music?

Maybe it's an age thing, that the older you get, the less time you have to listen to music. In addition to that, there are so many other technical distractions around these days, such as loads of TV channels, Internet, streaming, playback etc.

How many hours a week do you actually have to listen to music, or do you just listen to music on the go?

I tend to have the radio on all day when working, all ways radio 2 except on Saturday and Sunday when the presenters get right on my nerves. Weekends I play cds or plug in one of my disco computers.

Growing up I loved music, in fact it was my biggest passion right up to my late 20s, now though I hardly ever have time, although I do still have an expensive audio setup that is wasted.

The advances in modern technology have made listening to music, easier and more appealing to me than it has ever been before.

I have always enjoyed music and have been somewhat of a vinyl junkie for a long, long time. Most weekends I have always enjoyed music in some capacity anyway....

But now with Amazon Alexa, Multiroom speaker setups and wireless technology as a whole, enable me to instantly access whatever music I want to listen to... with one simple voice command.

These days I generally fit an hour of music minimum into my working day. Be it digital radio in a morning or Spotify to unwind in the evening. In fact modern technology has helped me to broaden my own musical tastes as well by randomly selecting genres and artists based on what I have listened to previously.....

A fantastic era for music lovers.

i listen to music everyday, when im working its on mi ipod on the go to and from work, on an evening i listen to some, then again i dont watch tv so..........

I always have music on in the car, listen to music in the gym and listen on ipod or Spotify when surfing the net - its essential to me.

I listen in the car and in the bath primarily. Although I enjoyed a song so much in the car yesterday that I put it on again on the stereo when I got home just to listen to it through decent speakers.

Music is 'on' also when I'm in the gym, if you can call it music, I try not to listen to that.

I think you can always have time to listen to music making your way to work , gym , house work , gardening , cleaning , cooking ?

---------- Post added 15-12-2017 at 08:48 ----------

I listen to music everyday on Youtube with ******* its great

Agree with Choogling. I listen to Radio 2 all day in the week but at the weekend use Spotify as I can't stand all the presenters especially Graham Norton.

I recommend you try the internet station Paradise Radio. Advert-free, listener supported wall to wall brilliant music.....

How many hours a week do you actually have to listen to music, or do you just listen to music on the go?
You should ask that of the poor retail workers in shops with Xmas music constantly on morning-til-late :D

I have very eclectic musical tastes, always have, ranging from classics to hard dance with most variations in-between (-short of pan pipe stuff/elevator music, though :D)

I listen mostly to Classic FM in car (relaxes me, makes drive slower and more considerately), morning and evening commutes. So at least an hour a day, aggregate, but frequently more.

Bit more Classic FM, or <random> via Internet Radio (some really wonderful stuff out of South America :)), at home when I'm doing <stuff> (chores, reading, gardening).

And we have 'music nights' with my wife and daughter once a week on average, random-browsing music video clips on Youtube, from contemporary back to 80s in round-robin fashion. That's less "pure" music listening than a radio, of course...but I'd still class it as listening to music.

Listening through standard car radio, via TuneIn (Internet radio app) or Youtube or TV radio stations (many UK radio stations are available as Freeview channels) piped through our 5.1 system or quality portable speakers via Bluetooth, or through standalone Internet radio, or via headphones...not short of technical systems, like most anyone nowadays.

We have a stereo system at our workstation and when on mornings listen to radio 2. When we're on afters and the managers have gone it's time to play cds and crank up the volume!

My work partner and me have similar tastes in music so things are good.