Laying carpet tiles.

What's the best way to lay carpet tiles? My sister gave me some spray on adhesive; but I'm also considering using those sticky pads you can apply to the corners (one pad where the corners of 4 tiles meet). Which option is best?

I have carpet tiles in the hallway and I used some thin double-sided tape from Poundland to keep them down. Just make sure the floor is very clean and free of dust and that you lay the tiles the same way as some have arrows or markers on them. Spray adhesive is easier but more expensive and make laying them more permanent, using tape makes them easily removable to either replace or clean.

Thanks apelike. Ended up getting some TacTiles, they're like sticky tape pads, idea being to attach one to the underside of the tiles where 4 corners meet.

Every time I have laid tiles didn't use any adhesive or sticky tape. Just put tiles on floor and push each tile up to each other. Some have been down 20 years and even with frequent foot traffic have never moved.

I used some carpet tiles and they had a peel off on the back it was really tacky and they been down years

Every time I have laid tiles didn't use any adhesive or sticky tape. Just put tiles on floor and push each tile up to each other. Some have been down 20 years and even with frequent foot traffic have never moved.

:thumbsup:. Thats the best way,mine have never moved too....i also put a small pin nail in the corner of one every so often....