Sign in to follow this  

Motley Crue - Wednesday night...

Originally posted by panda79

anyway i always thought that hanoi rocks where a bit crap

They were. But infinitely better than Motley Crue.

I have to agree Vince Neil is a dick!

He put in a good performance on Wednesday night but Friday at Birmingham it seemed he didn't give a damn. There seemed to be ver little interaction with the crowd compared to in Manchester.

Also, myself and abound 25 other paid $400 to meet Motley Crue and Vince could not be bothered to to meet us, so at least we get $100 back!! Must say other three were great!

*gasp*

I was gonna ask howcome you got to meet them - you paid ???? Wow. I'm a bit shocked..... <not at you, at THEM>

Paid through fan fare i think its called! X-girlfriend arranged it (last commitment :smile: )

Apparently they own the fan clubs of various bands and if you are willing to pay then i would imagine you can meet most bands.

Moneywise it was a steep amount to say hello, shake a hand, have a picture, ticket to convert, laminate and guitar pics but who knows when you will ever see a band like motley crue again??

Originally posted by Pauline BHG

*gasp*

I was gonna ask howcome you got to meet them - you paid ???? Wow. I'm a bit shocked..... <not at you, at THEM>

Is there no decent rock clubs in Edinburgh and that's why you moved down here?

I moved to London from Edinburgh in 98, as music is my life (especially live music) and London was the place to be. 6 years later, i'd got myself into debt and worn myself out, so I moved to sheffield !! I'd visited here a few times, for gigs and clubs, and always had a really good time. I still love it here after a year, the only thing i miss about London is the amount of gigs !! I've seen loads of bands (especially rock, though im into other stuff) that i missed out on in the 80s coz i was just a tad too young, or for one reason or another. FasterPussycat. LA Guns, Vain, BangTango, Pretty Boy Floyd blah blah blah. Not enough of these bands play in Sheffy, which is a shame :(

I'm still in shock at the *pay to meet* thing :o In london it was very easy to meet bands though, so i guess ive become a bit blase about it. Ive met all of my music idols, throughout my various phases/tastes, except for DuranDuran who are my all time faves and i couldnt cope wi meeting them !!

Would love to have the Crue live this time round, just couldnt afford it. Ive seen them before though, when they toured with Skidrow. BRILLIANT gig !! Theyre not a band im fussed about meeting though.

Suppose thats the difference between london and the rest of the uk, meeting celebs is so easy!!

Only other time i've met celebs is type o negative. That was because won a competion. That was a good night!! Spent around and hour speeking to mainly jonny and kenny (Peter and Josh disappeared after about 20 minutes)

Of all the things to speak about jonny and myself were talking about the bank of england base rate and the price of houses. Everyone else were like why were you talking about something so boring!! He started it!!

Took my 8 month pregnant sister to see duran duran last year in manchester. i thought she was going to give birth then!!

heheh it's easy when you know how ;) I met a lot in Edinburgh too. I find it quite easy in the rock world, esp when bands play at clubs. Had Motley Crue played at Rock City, we'd ALL have been sorted heheheheh !!

Suppose it easy if you know how!! Being male though i don't have`the main assetts!!

I am a little dissapointed about not meeting vince, but it was nikki I was excited about meeting......he liked my new rock boots and acused me of stealing them from him!:thumbsup:

I think vince did interact with the crowd on Friday, but was not as on form vocally as what he was on Wednesday at Manchester........I still enjoyed both shows! :clap: