Memories of The Stonehouse Pub

Hi can you tell me what the pub was called when you come out off the back or the Stonehouse up the back alley. It was a Burnie inn.

Thanks Turkshead. That will settle an argument I was having. I thought it was called The Bernie. Thanks again.

When did the Stonehouse close? The last time I was in there was probably Christmas 1997

Hi all - Is the Cutlers Hall which was close by still standing? I imagine it to be still around as it was used by the upper crust and part of the Sheffield culture so to speak. They used to have dances every Saturday night but again I suppose that all finished when peoples habits changed back when. fleetwood

Hi all - Is the Cutlers Hall which was close by still standing? I imagine it to be still around as it was used by the upper crust and part of the Sheffield culture so to speak. They used to have dances every Saturday night but again I suppose that all finished when peoples habits changed back when. fleetwood

Looking on google and the entire building is still there and looks like it alway did. I can make out a sign where the Stone House sign was and it appears to say HSBC, which I believe is a merchant bank. Can't see at the picture angle if the Cutlers Hall logo is intact. I am sure some forummers will know if it is still functional.

Went in the Cutlers Hall for a Xmas fayre event about 2 weeks ago. Beautiful building and should be used more often for events that allow ordinary Sheffield folk to attend.

---------- Post added 18-12-2017 at 16:21 ----------

Which Berni Inn was this? I can recall the one at Norton, Orchard Street and one near the Castle Market.

Which Berni Inn was this? I can recall the one at Norton, Orchard Street and one near the Castle Market.

It's the one that was on Orchard Street.

Went in the Cutlers Hall for a Xmas fayre event about 2 weeks ago. Beautiful building and should be used more often for events that allow ordinary Sheffield folk to attend.

---------- Post added 18-12-2017 at 16:21 ----------

The only one I ever went in was the one at Castle Market, it was formerly the Rotherham House pub and apparently later became the Market Tavern, now boarded up. I remember seeing one higher up town, guess it must have the one on Orchard Street.

The only one I ever went in was the one at Castle Market, it was formerly the Rotherham House pub and apparently later became the Market Tavern, now boarded up. I remember seeing one higher up town, guess it must have the one on Orchard Street.
.........in the ex Roman Room!