Christmas dinner inside prison

But the jury return the verdict, not the police. Would the members of the jury not spot the discrepancies?

The Jury in this instance were in a word, PATHETIC and why because major and very relevant information was never presented in court.

2 members of the Jury asked to be excused, to which the Judge nearly blew his wig off and there wasn't a majority verdict

Going off subject here !

I do wish that folks would have some knowledge of the Justice System, the many failings of the Police and to be aware that not all folks sitting on a Jury are really glad of the job, before getting involved with ' Christmas dinner inside prison '

Believe you me, talking as an individual who has been on Jury Service, some folks are too willing to say ----- this for a lark, I want away as quick as possible. Get on with the verdict and lets get out of here !!

You have an empathy deficit and are not good at joined up thinking.

prisoners by their very nature dont deserve empathy, laws and rules are there for all.

Looks as if all the do gooders feathers have been ruffled

Not really, it would appear that it's the hang 'em and flog 'em snowflakes who are getting all steamed up. ;)

does that mean theres do badders too? and doesnt that mean they should be in said prison? :huh::help:

---------- Post added 18-12-2017 at 17:56 ----------

even Abu Hamza wants to come back for christmas dinner

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/abu-hamza-return-to-uk-jail-us-prison-inhuman-and-degrading-imam-finsbury-park-mosque-a8115531.html

ok i lied about the last part

Hi, my way of thinking of Prison.

Let's make it so horrible (within reason) that the criminals just do not want to be sent there. Surely common sense dictates that Prison with facilities like telly's, Laptops, mobile phones, game rooms, en suite toilet and shower and like HMP Parc in Brigend, South Wales boasts an incredible range of sports facilities.It has a sports hall, complete with climbing wall, tennis court and gym.There are also two 3G all weather, floodlight football pitches where coaches from Cardiff City FC regularly come to train with prisoners.

The jail already offers its lags Sky Sports 1. But the prison was threatened with legal action in 2011 over a failure to provide Sky Sports 2 and 3. Hardly a "punishment" to be jailed there is it.

Compared with my idea of justice, bread and water and NONE of the above facilities afforded to the inmates. The criminal might think twice if he was to be incarcerated in such a place.

Angel1

They might think twice in the future, if they are incarcerated in Liverpool prison according to the BBC news.

They might think twice in the future, if they are incarcerated in Liverpool prison according to the BBC news.

and how many still commited crime in say the victorian times when the prison system WAS far stricter, not mentioning execution was still going.

and how many still commited crime in say the victorian times when the prison system WAS far stricter, not mentioning execution was still going.

There should be a fair balance between punishment for committing the crime, which isn't just a prevention of liberty and treating offenders in a way to encourage rehabilitation.

There should be a fair balance between punishment for committing the crime, which isn't just a prevention of liberty and treating offenders in a way to encourage rehabilitation.

What do you suggest?

What do you suggest?

Make them dig big holes and fill them in again during the morning and teach them plumbing in the afternoon.