Playing for time?

10 years ago when cats ruled the internet, clouds didn't exist.

Only pirates uploaded, roaming free on cloudless oceans. And businesses. But providers realised they could easily milk businesses for uploading win win!

So 0.6 (or about 0.8 you should be getting) was normal.

But then endless clouds of mobiles arrived. This allowed the use of shiny fibre-broadband as the clouds shielded our eyes, and we can upload more now.

10 years ago when cats ruled the internet, clouds didn't exist.

Only pirates uploaded, roaming free on cloudless oceans. And businesses. But providers realised they could easily milk businesses for uploading win win!

So 0.6 (or about 0.8 you should be getting) was normal.

But then endless clouds of mobiles arrived. This allowed the use of shiny fibre-broadband as the clouds shielded our eyes, and we can upload more now.

What HAVE you been drinking, Trickle? Thats' either a tongue-in-cheek or slightly silly comment.

On ADSL BB, you are lucky to get 0.9Mb/s upload. On FTTC, it depends on your package.

As others have said, 0.6Mbit for upload is about right based on what we know so far about your line. (the fact its only getting half the theoretical maximum download speed)

As you are on a basic ADSL2 product then 1Mbit upload is the maximum by default, but you would be unlikely to get that unless you were close enough to be getting the full 16Mbit down too.

I still stand by 200ms being REALLY high, but like I said before I don't think we will get a clear picture until your line fully stabalises. Plus if you feel the performance is okay for your needs, there is really no point worrying about it.