Shops in sheff that sells W7 laptops

Hi wanting a w7 laptop is there any shops in sheff sells them as dont want to

buy of e/bay cheers the spider

Assuming you mean Windows 7, have you considered buying a windows 10 and downgrading it? Might give you a larger choice of laptop?

If you don't want the hassle of that, there are a couple of independent computer shops near the city centre who would more than likely either sell laptops with Windows 7 already on, or would be happy to install it instead of the standard O/S for free or little charge.

Check out Aspire Enterprises at the Soar Works on Parson Cross.

They sell refurbished computers

Assuming you mean Windows 7, have you considered buying a windows 10 and downgrading it? Might give you a larger choice of laptop?

If you don't want the hassle of that, there are a couple of independent computer shops near the city centre who would more than likely either sell laptops with Windows 7 already on, or would be happy to install it instead of the standard O/S for free or little charge.

The danger of that is that newer hardware might not have Windows 7 drivers available and shops putting on Windows 7 on machines that did not have it initially would be dubious unless the trader could prove they have the approved licencing arrangements from M$. ;)

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 12:59 ----------

Check out Aspire Enterprises at the Soar Works on Parson Cross.

They sell refurbished computers

I've donated kit from work to Aspire which has meant moi having to put an easy version of Linux on - which is what they do to avoid any Legal issues - that is what I was told.

Aspire have notice up saying they are a Microsoft certified reseller.

My refurbished computer from there came with relevant paperwork certifying the Operating system as a genuine Windows 10 OS

Aspire have notice up saying they are a Microsoft certified reseller.

My refurbished computer from there came with relevant paperwork certifying the Operating system as a genuine Windows 10 OS

This is indeed accurate, they are an authorized re-seller and are able to activate/reactivate and change Windows licenses for refurb PC's etc...

I remember now that we donated PCs that did not need any formal paperwork - suspect it is those that have to have GNU/Linux as if it had to be an 'official disposal' that is when Windows can remain on the machine I suspect.