Millwall vs Blades

What a goal from Brooks,volley into the top corner 1-1.

---------- Post added 02-12-2017 at 15:54 ----------

We really need to sharpen up in the second half,we have been far from our best,sluggish and sloppy in defence leading to a poor goal,Blackman has needed to keep us in the game with a point blank save just before we levelled.

Duffy has been great in midfield and put in a great ball for Brooks who had been having a poor game up to then,nothing was sticking up front with Clark,and Basham had put 3 great crosses in from his wing and they just rolled through the six yard box with nobody going in for them,Billy would have gobbled them up.

We need a 50% improvement all round because they are going to come at us in the second half,so our defence needs to look sharper,they look a mistake waiting to happen at the moment.

Blades defence slow think we were second best first 30 mins just need to wake up saying that first class goal well done mr brooks get in :)

Poor performance, we don't look at it and our defence frightens me.

We desperately need Baldock back and Basham back in his natural position. We suffer offensively and defensively playing arguably our best centre half at right wing back.

So what I feared would happen did happen,we were on top for the first 15 minutes of the second half,did not capitalise on it and gave away two more gifts.

The first one was from our break,our player got tackled from behind and the ball broke to them,one simple ball took out 2 defenders and that was it.

The third was a simple cross,Blackman had a long time to see it but stayed at home to leave it to the defence,they didn't and not for the first time looked all at sea to a simple cross.

Really,we were beaten as soon as the second went in,the defence has had a shocking game,the first 2 coming from the same area,right side of the defence.Millwall have just done the very basics of football to score 3 and win,that is very worrying.How our defenders were so slow to react to danger,were caught out of position,and were exposed so easily will set alarm bells ringing with the management,and so it should,this is a million miles away from the standards we have set.

When is wilder going to get Moore in net and send Blackman back where he come from that’s why Chelsea got shut and put him on loan they say he’s still learning his trade That’s No Good for us and can’t belive how many mistakes the defence made today vickers has fell apart it’s not just today’s game it’s been the last 3 games 1 point from 9 that’s simply not good enough teams have found us out now time mr wilder puts his thinking hat on he’s going to need it worst game I’ve seen in a long time

Sorry to say that today we were a soft touch,we turned up and attempted to play football without earning the right to do so.You can only play football like we want to if you have the players to back it up in other areas who are doing their jobs,otherwise teams like Millwall will suss you out in minutes,play to their strengths and know that they are going to win,because we were all promises with absolutely nothing to back it up,and they knew it,and I believe that any team in the division would have beaten us today.

It's not a new phenomenon how things can change in so short a time. I must admit that I didn't think a lapse was imminent. I thought Wilder was on top (and in front) of any signs of weakening, but I, and many Blades were wrong. I don’t know if it's fatigue, or a confidence thing, but the drop in form is very surprising. Don't worry too much though, we're unlikely to catch you. We did score 2 though, which is amazing in itself.

If we are going to be serious contenders for promotion these are games we should win.

However a good display will do for me, win or lose.

once an owl always a blade.

I think this performance has answered your question :hihi:

Think it’s been our worst game and result this season defence non existent don’t rate keeper Duffy wanted a ball on his own poor performance all round 1 point from 9 all I can say is it’s a good job we got of to a brill start and got some points on the board think Chris’s wilders got a few problems he did not look pleased after game report

Think it’s been our worst game and result this season defence non existent don’t rate keeper Duffy wanted a ball on his own poor performance all round 1 point from 9 all I can say is it’s a good job we got of to a brill start and got some points on the board think Chris’s wilders got a few problems he did not look pleased after game report

Credit to Wilder he told it as it was after the game .He stated he has given them a rocket which I knew he would.Defence was shocking I think Vickers is feeling the heat and Brooks was off his game even though he scored a cracker.Duffy and Basham were the only ones who came through with any credit.Good job we have a good manager who I am sure will sort it out.All eyes on the board now to see if they come up with the cash come January .

It's not a new phenomenon how things can change in so short a time. I must admit that I didn't think a lapse was imminent. I thought Wilder was on top (and in front) of any signs of weakening, but I, and many Blades were wrong. I don’t know if it's fatigue, or a confidence thing, but the drop in form is very surprising. Don't worry too much though, we're unlikely to catch you. We did score 2 though, which is amazing in itself.

Injuries to key players mate. Coutts, Freeman, Baldock, and less so Lavery.