New bar under town hall

Looks out of my price bracket. I'd prefer council facilities to still be there, frankly.

Couldn`t get in last Friday. Great time of year to open, I guess.

Went in last Saturday night, with my wife and daughter. It's on the small side with no room for standing at the bar. There are about 5 tables ( ish) that take about 6 people each at and I think if there aren't any spare tables you have to book one. We were shown to our table and then offered 3 different menus. One for cocktails, one for other drinks and one for food.

We were then served with a jug of water and a complimentary cocktail. I ordered a 2/3 of a pint Lager and my wife and daughter had cocktails.

It was all very nice in somewhat different surroundings but you do wonder how they are going to make much profit. We were in there the best part of an hour taking one table up and only spending £15. There were approximately 4 members of staff and if you do the maths it's not alot. However the staff were extremely helpful without exception and I would definitely return.

I went in on Wednesday evening for a quick drink. My first thoughts are that its a trendy little place with ultra cool design and layout. The staff were lovely and the drinks offer is OK. The toilets are a bit odd...

However, how this place will ever stack up financially is beyond me. You'd be pushed to fit more than 40 people in at any time (including staff) and when we visited, there were 8 customers and 4 staff. Surely not enough revenue to cover the day to day costs, never mind make a return on the capital invested. Maybe they need an extension under the town hall.

I hope they can prove me wrong. Nice to see something a little different and a redundant building brought back into use.

Nah, I've changed my mind. :rolleyes: it's a bit like someone's bought Whitechapel Road on a Monopoly Board!