Disposing of corporate workwear

Surely people walking around with your company logo on their shirt is free advertising for your company? Why assume they're going to end up on the torso of some criminal? And even if they did, how is that anything to with you?

What if its negative advertising? What about the consequences of someone wearing the items purporting to be from his company?

If its work wear /uniform rather than just a promotional item it could be used to commit fraud or some sort of security breach.

If you have cut the logo out, how would anyone at the local dump know it was business related clothing?

If you have cut the logo out, how would anyone at the local dump know it was business related clothing?

You have just answered your own question.......by someone cutting out the logo.

They couldn't trace it to anyone though could they?

They couldn't trace it to anyone though could they?

Via vehicle reg entering site. No CA sites I know allow pedestrians without vehicles or allow anyone not driving through.

Secure destruction isn't going to be cheap. It also depends if you need witnessed destruction and guaranteed shredding / destruction.

As a business they must go to a licenced waste site otherwise you are breaking the law, see duty of care, business waste on dot Gov.

I suggest you cut through the logo then take them to a waste site that has a shredder. You need to keep a copy of their site permit / exemption and keep a waste transfer note.

As a business you should already have something in place for your waste, even your office bin, paper, cardboard from parcels, old envelopes etc from incoming post.

Of topic, but what legislation applies to a home business with regards to paper and cardboard?

https://www.gov.uk/managing-your-waste-an-overview

It appears that this applies, but I seriously doubt that every home office is producing a waste note every fortnight for paper that's been collected by Veolia or anything that's gone in the black bin.

Of topic, but what legislation applies to a home business with regards to paper and cardboard?

https://www.gov.uk/managing-your-waste-an-overview

It appears that this applies, but I seriously doubt that every home office is producing a waste note every fortnight for paper that's been collected by Veolia or anything that's gone in the black bin.

You raise a very valid point Cyclone. Every business, even a one man band working from should have evidence of disposing of their business waste. I know someone who used to have a slim household wheelie bin for their office waste. The drank coffee so no tea bags and took their lunch in a reusable plastic box. Office paper was shredded and used for animal bedding. They cancelled their Veolia bin and the rep must have told tales because they got a visit from either the EA or council, can't remember who they said it was. I told them to take a bag of waste each month to the local skip place and get a transfer note. They could register for a lower tier carriers licence on line for free (sole trader, non haz waste, as listed for lower tier). You didn't used to have to register to carry your own waste but you do now.