The Sheffield gay scene part 2

The previous thread on The Sheffield Gay Scene descended into name calling and offensive posts.

Let's start again and try to be nice to each other.

The original thread has been pruned, closed and returned here: The Sheffield Gay Scene

Edited by max

I'm all over the Sheffield Gay Scene like a rash

can we put cream on you to make you go away? :D

Just a really helpful reminder: Climax is on NEXT Friday, 19th Feb, NOT this Friday the 12th. theme: 'Traffic Lights' Dating party.

See the OFFICIAL Facebook group at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2227352161&ref=ts

Details in full:

Climax Traffic Light Party

Time:Friday, 19 February 2010 22:30

Tickets £4.50 adv, but ONLY from Union Box Office at this price, otherwise £5 on the door, and in advance from Dempseys (Matilda Street, bottom of the Moor)

The previous thread on The Sheffield Gay Scene descended into name calling and offensive posts.

Let's start again and try to be nice to each other.

The original thread has been pruned, closed and returned here: The Sheffield Gay Scene

Good luck in the new Sheffield gay scene part 2 but queens will be queens and they cant help it but to be bitchy lol ....

wish we had a gud gay club to go to bring back fuel

Well i ended up in Affinity for the first time on sat nite after ANOTHER STR8 nite out & wot a let down it was, 1245 we arrived & there was only a dozen people in. Downstairs was closed so got in for free ( told & read was £3 entry ) Music was decent tho:D but was shocked so dead It did improve around 2am but even so WHERE YA SUPPOSE 2 GO if want a drink in a gay bar b4 midnight thats has decent music & people in it.

Dont like the music in Lair anymore since changed it, past few times it was ****e music ie "whats this ****e on now " we 'd say so not bothering there anymore.

Will never go again to DUMPSEYS as name says all, so is that it now doomed??? I loved the old Affinity but that closed & relocated to a smaller venue well esp the bar upstairs.

I so remember even in early 2000 the scene was decent we had Poptastic for a few years at NCFPM:love: then Fuel came along for another few years Then it was gone:( the new Sanctuary is NOW closed & going back to be a str8 bar :( ( so read on here) so ave to stick to str8 bars 4 a nite out :rant: ......gr8.

Guess just have to wait once a month for Climax nite, rest of month am str8 for nite out. THX U SHEFFIELD.:help::help::help:

...I know it's not much, but apparently there's a NEW Gay Night every Wednesday at the West End, up Glossop Road, starting 3rd March...

As always, I'll drop in (before I go off to do I-Candy in Chesterfield that night with my friend Ethel Shagnasty) and check it out...:hihi::love:

There isn't anywhere to go anymore and not to mention the prices of drinks have gone up I think (I know they have in Dempsey's) but yet didn't bring them down with the VAT slash?

I went to Affinity also, but you never know what it's going to be like and like I have mentioned before you're always guaranteed a busy Dempsey's. The new Affinity for me is rubbish and I much preferred the old one and the old staff as I find the current staff very rude. The music isn't for me and the place just seems a place where you can relax, not go and have a dance etc.

Sanctuary is again open, but the location and set out is never going to make the place full a profit and is under new management again. It'll never work and the neglagence of the new owners showed that when I went there last weekend. They had 2 bouncers on and it's never busy with around a dozen people in and wasted money by not just putting one on. And apparently it's going straight.

Lions Lair is not for me as you all may have seen. The music is not for me, but I know it is great for other people. i can't justify paying £4 to go in that place and go to a place that's hygiene is worse than Dempsey's.

I have only been to Xes a couple of times and it's been ok, we all know why everyone goes and it's nothing I associate myself with, but it's a decent place, but it's quite a long time ago since I last went!

The place that is always busy is Dempsey's, but I'm kind of fed up of seeing the same old faces that I see all the time, as I'm sure they are sick of seeing me lol. Everyone says it's not value for money, but for me it is. You can pay your £3 and actually go in from 10pm-6am. The only problem I have is that they let a lot of people in that shouldn't be allowed and drinks prices aren't all that friendly.

Sheffield's scene isn't amazing, but there are a lot of worse off places than Sheffield. People can't justify paying £3/£4 twice a night, hence why they will stay in the same place all night long. there is no doubt it is suffereint also because of the long distance between the different places. There is need a gay quarter, but it's not going to happen I am affraid.

Has anyone see the new sign on Affinity the pervious sign look better and classic the new one look tacky.

This is a REALLY important message for all you Gay folks out there who are joining me on the coach to the BIG MIDLANDS GAY NIGHT OUT tonight (Saturday 27 March).

The coach will be leaving from its appointed departure point near the multistorey carpark at Sheffield Station at SEVEN PM (19.00 Hours), NOT 8pm as originally advertised!

See you all on board!

Edited by Tyranna
mis-spelling

Just a little update: Climax last Friday was ace, it was a circus theme; and Dempseys seems to be advancing in leaps and bounds in organising various events such as the recent play staged there on several nights last week. Affinity, meanwhile, seems to have dropped the Sunday drag cabaret, so things are kind of up and down generally.

Preparations for Pride are going well, with one fundraiser doing well at Sanctuary Bar a few weeks back, and more such events to come...

I'll keep everyone posted on the latest happenings on the Scene, as always...