New business - Looking for some advice..

Hi,

We are a new business just set up in Sheffield. We sell websites on a monthly pay basis. Our target market are tradesmen but any SME is basically our demographic, we save the average business a fortune. We are slowly growing and getting more and more customers each week but we really want to ramp it up a bit.

Can anyone offer us some advice on the best avenues to explore to get more customers?

Thank you and I very much look forward to your opinions.

Regards

I've just looked at your website and it claims to offer a service which provides an answer to your question.

"For £39 per month we will provide everything you need and help you get more customers and sales."

:-)

We will get sites ranked on Google without question. This will also come with our own site, but we are looking for avenues. How to approach etc.

But thank you for your reply. Very....erm....witty.

i wouldnt call £468 a year for a website affordable, any muffin can built a website with the free templates etc etc, it cost a heck of a lot less the £468 every year.

My website host by Wix cost a fraction compare to £468 a year you charge

Thats cool and I understand where you are coming from but a managed website with support, that doesnt look like every other website is a very different thing from a Wix site. Any "muffin" certainly cannot build a website today and sometimes people just don't want to, they have their own business to run.

We fit somewhere between the big quotes by the agencies with fancy offices who do a great job, but are not always an attractive option to new business and people who want to have a go at doing their own through sites such as wix and the like. Affordable is subjective. A website should be the most important part of your business strategy and if that huge cog isn't affordable at £39 per month, then the business model could be wrong.

We have no problem with Wix, I wish I was 1000 customers behind them, but as a website for a new business wanting to really go for it, Wix is not an option. For example the top package with Squarespace is now £37 per month on a monthly subscription and all they do is give you the tools, they don't do anything for you. £39 for a fully managed "web guy" for your business is great value.

Edited by joe1980

I just look at my other website host by 123reg , it’s going to cost me £43.06 for a year with hundreds of templates and so easy to use, how can you justify charging 10 times more money?

I just look at my other website host by 123reg , it’s going to cost me £43.06 for a year with hundreds of templates and so easy to use, how can you justify charging 10 times more money?

Because it includes some SEO in the package and they do all the updates and edits to the website? I would push the copywriting and SEO optimisation more as the 'bespoke' option and would also sell basic packages to people who just want hosting. that way there is the chance to up-sell services.

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 22:30 ----------

If people part company with you, will they get a copy of their website to take with them?

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 22:35 ----------

I do think your website needs a complete reworking though. You are selling the design and management of websites and yours needs to be a shining light. You have a lot of work to do.

I think my £43.06 a year website is better then your owned actual website, you should learn more on design and stuff before trying to charge so much for so little

Hi,

We are a new business just set up in Sheffield. We sell websites on a monthly pay basis. Our target market are tradesmen but any SME is basically our demographic, we save the average business a fortune. We are slowly growing and getting more and more customers each week but we really want to ramp it up a bit.

Can anyone offer us some advice on the best avenues to explore to get more customers?

Thank you and I very much look forward to your opinions.

Regards

Since you don't know what '>15' means, you are wasting your time.

I don't want to sound mean, but seeing as you are using Webflow to either create and host your corporate website or you use it for all customer websites too, that monthly fee seems excessive.

I need a website with 3,837,271 pages, your basic package advertises 'more than 10 pages', so I would like to go with that.

Sorry, don't really need a website, perhaps you'd like to review your use of '>10' though? Good luck! :)

Because its 10 times the service.

[/color]If people part company with you, will they get a copy of their website to take with them?

Absolutely!

I do think your website needs a complete reworking though. You are selling the design and management of websites and yours needs to be a shining light. You have a lot of work to do.

I agree, there is work to do on our own, it was to get something out there with what we do.

---------- Post added 16-02-2018 at 08:33 ----------

I don't want to sound mean, but seeing as you are using Webflow to either create and host your corporate website or you use it for all customer websites too, that monthly fee seems excessive.

It is £15 a month to host a site on webflow. That leaves 24 per month. We do a 12 month deal, full website, support etc for £288 a year ? Is that excessive?

---------- Post added 16-02-2018 at 08:33 ----------

[/color][/color]If people part company with you, will they get a copy of their website to take with them?

Absolutely!

I agree, there is work to do on our own, it was to get something out there with what we do.

---------- Post added 16-02-2018 at 08:35 ----------

Thank you for all your suggestions. We have had 3 inquiries through this alone, so I think we are on the right lines.

Edited by joe1980