Sunderland v wednesday thursday 16th aug

Not a classic (but when have 1st round League Cup games ever been) fairly comfortable after the fortunate first goal, Bannan and Reach did very well, good run out for some of the U23's again, Nielsen and Kirby particularly stood out.

Not a classic (but when have 1st round League Cup games ever been) fairly comfortable after the fortunate first goal, Bannan and Reach did very well, good run out for some of the U23's again, Nielsen and Kirby particularly stood out.

Good to get some league 1 game experience for next year :hihi:

Good to get some league 1 game experience for next year :hihi:

I'm only a casual fan these days mate, I like all the local clubs to do well and will keep an eye on SWFC whatever division they are playing in.

Good game for Young lads to play in , Result deserved but as said poor game to pay to watch

Well a boring win ...

It's a boring competition, always has been in the early stages, doesn't get a whole lot of respect in the late stages either. Mind you, it's the only trophy won by a Sheffield club in my lifetime and I'm pushing 74 .County cups and divisional stuff don't count, by the way. Lol

not a classic ,me being old but the kids looked young,but a wins a win,but we will find out how fit and good they are on sunday.

Well a boring win ...

A wins a win Owl, confidence booster..

Watched the game last night here in Oz. what poor game. found that fast forwarding it didn't help either. Thank Christ Melbourne Storms game was on at the same time.

Watched the game last night here in Oz. what poor game. found that fast forwarding it didn't help either. Thank Christ Melbourne Storms game was on at the same time.

Cant disagree with that bud,we were hardly at it 1st half.

We improved by degrees thereafter and worthy winners,for the watcher,it was a poor quality game.but it was more of a work out than a competative fixture for both sides,main thing we got the job done.

Heard that Lucas Joao is off,wants to go home,hasnt settled,wants to play back home and is negotiating terms at club in portugal,a fair few clubs interested in Mathias as well.....both on frees

Is that the same Matias who slapped and kissed the badge after scoring? I like him, always have. I like Joao as well.

I suppose some have to go, so some will have to go.