Time to turn things off and make adjustments

Evidence is a problem, because you could also argue that nobody wants to DO the research in case it DOES prove a link. We saw that with smoking for years.

We know radio signals/EMF CAN cause problems at certain power levels, what we don't know is if this mix of difference signals we are subjected to at low levels actually does.

Logically they can kill off cells, but then so does a lot of things, even washing your hands stresses your cells. As we said before though, mortality rate does not reflect that because as quickly as we come up with something that reduces your life, science comes up with something that also extends it. Those things that extend it depend on the things that likely reduce it, so you can only really weigh the options.

As I said earlier, without technology I would have died at birth. Without technology my life would be even more miserable than it already is (although maybe people would be MORE sociable without social media, who knows). So ultimately, I think its a net-gain.

Edited by AlexAtkin

Evidence is a problem, because you could also argue that nobody wants to DO the research in case it DOES prove a link. We saw that with smoking for years.

We know radio signals/EMF CAN cause problems at certain power levels, what we don't know is if this mix of difference signals we are subjected to at low levels actually does.

Logically they can kill off cells, but then so does a lot of things, even washing your hands stresses your cells. As we said before though, mortality rate does not reflect that because as quickly as we come up with something that reduces your life, science comes up with something that also extends it. Those things that extend it depend on the things that likely reduce it, so you can only really weigh the options.

As I said earlier, without technology I would have died at birth. Without technology my life would be even more miserable than it already is (although maybe people would be MORE sociable without social media, who knows). So ultimately, I think its a net-gain.

Well EMF site at Gokona in Nova Scotia was shut down because they improved the site at Halifax. I stumbled across a poster who flew over the one in an aeroplane who did some research and I should have taken a screenshot of the US Military Papers which stated their aim to control weather systems by 2025. Are we forgetting that Mr Trower was trained specifically in the field of Microwaves, has degrees in the relevant fields and probably knows more about how microwaves are used as a weapon than anyone on here? So Obelix, will you have a debate with Mr Trower? ;)

We know radio signals/EMF CAN cause problems at certain power levels, what we don't know is if this mix of difference signals we are subjected to at low levels actually does..

What problems specifically and how?

Okay maybe know is a strong word, but I believe there are documented increases in cancer sufferers who live near overhead power lines.

I admit its some years since I read about it so maybe its been proven as fake news since, you never know.

@Dude111 - you should be more concerned with Wi-Fi and mobile technology - read the pdf! ;)
Indeed bud. 5G is the worst!!

Honestly, people said that about 2G, then 3G, then 4G. I'm utterly SHOCKED to hear that once again the latest version, 5G, is now also "the worst and going to kill us all".

Its literally been said about every single advance in technology, yet life expectancy continued to climb. Until austerity that it.

Okay maybe know is a strong word, but I believe there are documented increases in cancer sufferers who live near overhead power lines.

I admit its some years since I read about it so maybe its been proven as fake news since, you never know.

I hope that you are open to some better information. I found that this article pulled together lots of good data and studies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalzberg/2014/09/01/do-high-voltage-power-lines-cause-cancer/#6e10d01d6497

Conclusion; overhead power lines don't cause cancer.

But they might cause Leukemia (a form of childhood cancer apparently)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4931365/

But the evidence so far isn't statistically proven, nor disproven.

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/radiation/electromagnetic-fields-fact-sheet#q4

And depends on a particularly high magnetic field being present in the home.

But they might cause Leukemia (a form of childhood cancer apparently)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4931365/

But the evidence so far isn't statistically proven, nor disproven.

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/radiation/electromagnetic-fields-fact-sheet#q4

And depends on a particularly high magnetic field being present in the home.

Even "might" is pushing it a bit. It's interesting, but straw clutching in any risk appraisal. File alongside Study finds that boxing gloves may prevent blindness. :)

Basically as credible as everything else in this thread though. ;)

In related news, I find that if I stand next to a decent sized open air substation I somehow feel more energised. (pun intended) Absolutely not joking, it was quite a revelation.

Edited by AlexAtkin

Basically as credible as everything else in this thread though. ;)

In related news, I find that if I stand next to a decent sized open air substation I somehow feel more energised. (pun intended) Absolutely not joking, it was quite a revelation.

I believe that's ionised air. It's the same effect that you feel and smell before a thunderstorm and it's not dangerous unless you get a million volts of it ;)

i believe that's ionised air. It's the same effect that you feel and smell before a thunderstorm and it's not dangerous unless you get a million volts of it ;)

I want ALL THE VOLTS!

Darn it Sheffield Forum, how dare you refuse my all caps sentence, its vitally important to get the point across!