Knitting for depression Help wanted!

Hi Sheffield Knitters,

It was suggested to my wife about 18 months that she takes up knitting amongst other things to aid her with her depression.

She took the advice and has started but never completed numerous projects, mainly because she doesnt really know where to start.

She wants to knit clothing and toys for our toddler.

Does anyone know of any clubs or groups close to S8 where she can learn skills so she can finally complete something!

Many thanks in advance,

Steve

I think there's a group in Jordanthorpe, hopefully there's a member on here who can give more details.

Just wanted to add not to worry about not finishing things! It's a recognised phenomenon, known as "startitis". All these new projects to try means things don't quite get done :D In my case, especially when it comes to sewing up...

Try a website called ravelry. They have a forum with local groups who have meet ups and there are thousands of free patterns. Great website full of people ready to give advice. I'll pm you a link.

Ive started aknitting and crochet group on a Thursday at herdings heritage centre for all levels, it roll so no restrictions. I will also sell wool, patterns and haberdashery too. Its £3 and starts at 6pm and refreshments are free.