Teams there on merit.

At the present time both of our clubs are doing very well in the Championship, and not before time. I,ve watched football since 1958 and thought to myself how many, who i call lesser teams have had more success than we have had over the years. What brought this to my attention was last nights south coast derby between Bournemouth and Brighton a Premier league game attended by less than ten and half thousand supporters. Alright thats probably the capacity of the ground, but these teams are now cashing in on the lucrative pickings of the PL. These clubs were Third and Second Division clubs in my first season on watching the game. Then we have had Coventry, Wigan , Wimbledon who have all won the F.A Cup later than we have. These clubs although smaller clubs than both of us have won cups and competed at the highest level, they have done it on merit. I like many have often thought what are they doing in that league, Its what they have deserved . I would like to see both our clubs in the PL, but our,s will not be on merit we should be there, we are big clubs so some say. Lets live up to those expectations eh.:hihi:

Both Sheffield clubs have been underachievers given their support for about 80 years. It's just the way with some clubs. Birmingham City is another good example. Spent half their history in the top flight but never won the league or FA cup, just two league cups to their name.

Both Sheffield clubs have been underachievers given their support for about 80 years. It's just the way with some clubs. Birmingham City is another good example. Spent half their history in the top flight but never won the league or FA cup, just two league cups to their name.

Makes you wonder why doesn't it? Maybe it is a reflection that Sheffield is an under-achieving city in general? It's never really invested in developing itself and bringing in commercial revenue in the same way some other cities of similar or smaller size have.

At the present time both of our clubs are doing very well in the Championship, and not before time. I,ve watched football since 1958 and thought to myself how many, who i call lesser teams have had more success than we have had over the years. What brought this to my attention was last nights south coast derby between Bournemouth and Brighton a Premier league game attended by less than ten and half thousand supporters. Alright thats probably the capacity of the ground, but these teams are now cashing in on the lucrative pickings of the PL. These clubs were Third and Second Division clubs in my first season on watching the game. Then we have had Coventry, Wigan , Wimbledon who have all won the F.A Cup later than we have. These clubs although smaller clubs than both of us have won cups and competed at the highest level, they have done it on merit. I like many have often thought what are they doing in that league, Its what they have deserved . I would like to see both our clubs in the PL, but our,s will not be on merit we should be there, we are big clubs so some say. Lets live up to those expectations eh.:hihi:

I'm sure when the Premier League was set up the idea was to see the bigger clubs with tradition fighting it out to make it the most attractive league in the world. Now arguably apart from the obvious such as Man U, Liverpool etc most of the bigger clubs are in the Championship!

Literally half the clubs in the Premier League you wouldn't bother opening your bedroom curtains to watch. Spin it all they like but they can't have wanted to see the Premier populated by the likes of Bournemouth, Watford, Swansea and Palace.

The Championship should do more to sell itself. It's a fantastic league with some of English footballs biggest names in it. What we need is someone at the top like Scudamore at the Premier to do for us what he's done for them. Won't do it with Sky though, they're only interested in the Premier. It's changing though, Amazon, Apple and others are coming onto the scene.

I'm sure when the Premier League was set up the idea was to see the bigger clubs with tradition fighting it out to make it the most attractive league in the world. Now arguably apart from the obvious such as Man U, Liverpool etc most of the bigger clubs are in the Championship!

Literally half the clubs in the Premier League you wouldn't bother opening your bedroom curtains to watch. Spin it all they like but they can't have wanted to see the Premier populated by the likes of Bournemouth, Watford, Swansea and Palace.

The Championship should do more to sell itself. It's a fantastic league with some of English footballs biggest names in it. What we need is someone at the top like Scudamore at the Premier to do for us what he's done for them. Won't do it with Sky though, they're only interested in the Premier. It's changing though, Amazon, Apple and others are coming onto the scene.

Has Scudamore been good for football? I think he stands for all thats wrong with the modern game.

Have to agree with you tbh. Don't like him and don't like the way money has taken over the game. But he is very good at bringing money in and selling a product which is his job. The way that money has been used by the top clubs isn't his fault, that's down to the clubs.

All I'm saying is when taking a look at the clubs in the Championship it's a very attractive league to the outside world. It just needs someone to market it and the financial gap between the two leagues could be narrowed a bit.