Sheffield Wednesday v Brentford 12/09/17

A game under lights against a team that got a victory in this fixture last season despite a late rally, Brentford struggling so far and if we can the momentum from the Forest game into this one we should be ok, would expect the same team to feature.

2-0

I expect 2 or 3 changes. Carlos said in an interview after the Forest game that certain players take longer to recover after a game so maybe rest Lee, Fletcher

I expect 2 or 3 changes. Carlos said in an interview after the Forest game that certain players take longer to recover after a game so maybe rest Lee, Fletcher

Lee may be rested as it was his first game back after injury, I think Fletcher will play though.

Would like to see the same team start, but realistically it ain,t going to happen . Lee did well to get seventy minutes and Fletcher is carrying an injury so it would be wise not to start them, this is why we have quality strength in depth. I would start with Butterfield and Rhodes, what a luxury to have. As for the game Brentford have got off to a slow start and i see no reason why we should not carry on where we left off against Forest. Another up and at them approach and i can see us putting another three points in the bag, and maybe the rout the fans are baying for. I,go for same again 3-1.

According to Carlos at his press conference , doubts about Lee , Fletcher, Wallace and Hunt

According to Carlos at his press conference , doubts about Lee , Fletcher, Wallace and Hunt

Worst case scenario Butterfield, Rhodes, Boyd and Palmer to take their places.

Thats what you and i would do, will Carlos.

---------- Post added 11-09-2017 at 17:05 ----------

Worst case scenario Butterfield, Rhodes, Boyd and Palmer to take their places.

, Thats what you and i would do , will Carlos

I don't think Lee's the kind of player to flag, and I reckon there's no reason he can't start tonight.

We are far more effective with Fletch and Hoops up front and I wouldn't dream of breaking the partnership. IF one of them breaks down, then whoever replaces them HAS to step up to the mark.

If someone puts a rocket up Joao's whatsname, and super motivates the kid, I reckon he could be a massive influence. From what I've seen, when he comes on, he looks like he can't wait for the final whistle to blow. He's got everything one needs to be a quality player. He can dribble, he can head a ball, he's quite quick, and he's intelligent.

He needs a Mick Lyons or Nigel Pearson ..... (Lee Bullen!!) proper talking to.

Rhodes needs a couple of one yarders to raise his confidence. He's looked very average (in fact below average) whenever he's played, but to be fair, he's had some bad luck at times as well. If he rediscovered his rampant self, he'd be awesome. We all know he can be awesome. I still maintain letting Winnall go was a mistake. I heard he asked to go as he couldn't work with Forestieri. If that's the case, I reckon Forestieri should have gone. I heard a £10m bid was in for FF at one time. I'd have snatched their hand off.

IF we have the same mindset as we had the other day, we should win this one quite easily. However, I fear we are more likely to revert to our default position, so I'm going for a not very exciting 1-0.

If we are rampant again for the 2nd game in succession, I'll have to reconsider my lethargy. I hope we set off like a train and get 5.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

A much weakened Brentford side than they played against United due to the transfer window so another home win for Wednesday.

A game under lights against a team that got a victory in this fixture last season despite a late rally, Brentford struggling so far and if we can the momentum from the Forest game into this one we should be ok, would expect the same team to feature.

2-0

spot on top. 2 0

spot on top. 2 0

An early goal from us could see a more significant scoreline, last season they scored first (and second) :rolleyes:

Today’s line up against Brentford:

Westwood

Hunt

Van Aken

Lees

Reach

Wallace

Jones

Bannan

Lee

Fletcher

Hooper