Sign in to follow this  

Recording Software..

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help/guide me in the right direction as to what software/equipment do I need to record/produce music from my keyboard which does have a midi port

the thing is I don't need any sounds and effects because my Yamaha keyboard has about 700 different sounds from keys to drums and all different fx

I just need the software to record and then edit cut move the music around without all the sounds that something like garageband has because I have them...

My laptop is a HP with 8GB ram windows 10 if that helps...

Thanks!

This can be a BIG minefield you're walking into....

Plus, often when you're using a Keyboard as a MIDI Keyboard, the 'sound and effects' of said keyboard are disabled, and it does things via the software...

If you're wanting to just record (using headphone/line-out, to line-in) cut, edit etc... then Audacity will do what you want...

Getting into using the keyboard as a MIDI controller needs the drivers setting up, midi software (of which there are 1000's), then sound packs for the sound(s) you want, DSP plugins etc for effects....

If this IS the way you want to go, drop me a PM, and I can help further...

Thanks for the help man I appreciate that I will message you tomorrow ..