Pronation on one foot - insoles?

I'm a regular 5k runner, trying to build up to running 10k a couple of times a week. Recently I've had a lot of ankle, knee and hip pain while running, and afterwards.

I've had gait analysis carried out a few weeks ago when buying new trainers, and as I thought, i pronate significantly, but only on my right foot, so it's a problem that can't be solved very easily with the specific trainers.

My guess is that I need insoles, either for one foot only, or custom made for both feet. Has anyone else had experience of this? Can you recommend anyone to go to? Any rough idea of cost would also be useful. Thanks all.

Oh. Minefield. I know lots of people who have used insoles and most have spent a lot of money with limited success. These pains could be adaptation to increased running or to new trainers. Conditioning and following a programme of specific exercises is probably a better idea as the source of the pains will probably trace back to posture or a weakness in glutes, back, or somewhere. Where was the gait analysis done as some of these are more accurate than others imho.

Oh. Minefield. I know lots of people who have used insoles and most have spent a lot of money with limited success. These pains could be adaptation to increased running or to new trainers. Conditioning and following a programme of specific exercises is probably a better idea as the source of the pains will probably trace back to posture or a weakness in glutes, back, or somewhere. Where was the gait analysis done as some of these are more accurate than others imho.

Gait analysis was carried out in the place near the cathedral (Up and Running?). I already knew that I pronated on the right foot, so I don't doubt its accuracy. I've had the trainers for a few weeks now and the pain seems to be getting worse, not better, so just not sure where to go from here!

Gait analysis was carried out in the place near the cathedral (Up and Running?). I already knew that I pronated on the right foot, so I don't doubt its accuracy. I've had the trainers for a few weeks now and the pain seems to be getting worse, not better, so just not sure where to go from here!

I would trust them to be fair. What did they suggest? Single leg squats and the like were what I was `prescribed` to address the muscular imbalances that I am prone to. Is all your running on roads? I over pronate and wear supportive / corrective shoes but , when off road, that`s not an issue and I`ve raced up to 20 odd miles in neutral trail shoes.

Pronation is perfectly normal and doesn't normally need to be corrected. That said, different movement in one leg to the other suggests a physiological issue (e.g. muscular imbalances as mentioned previously).

Up & Running should be fairly decent, although I've never used them for more than buying the odd pair of socks. If you want a second opinion, I'd definitely recommend Accelerate in Attercliffe, they certainly know their stuff.