A teenager in the 60's.

I have always said I feel blessed to have been a teenager in that special decade and still go to 60's music weekends,would love to hear your thoughts.

My wife and I are going to see Gerry and the Pacemakers and the Searchers in November and have booked to see Joe Brown next Feb. For music, it was a great decade. Joe Cocker (aka Vance Arnold and the Avengers was a great act to follow round Sheffield pubs and clubs.

Hi Mike used to go on these jaunts with Gary Marshman who I think you knew who sadly passed last June so flying solo now,we will be raising a glass to absent friends.

Hi Mike used to go on these jaunts with Gary Marshman who I think you knew who sadly passed last June so flying solo now,we will be raising a glass to absent friends.

Yes, I met Gary a couple of times in Chester for a coffee and a chat about Sheffield when we wuz young.

hello peter,it,s your B&T pal jack.i don,t look on this site too often,but i saw the slotter47,and knew it was you.Trust you are keeping o.k. On a similar subject,i will be having a book published in october,the title "A Nice Tail End From Mr. Burrows(it,s not rude)

it,s about growing up in S6 in fifties and sixties ,and the influences of music,film, sport,war, politics and women. i have a signing in Waterstones,Orchard Square on November 4th for an hour. it will also be on Amazon.

i,ve started a second book mainly about the things i dislike in the modern era.

Do you think the tales of rice are printable ??

Speak soon.

I have always said I feel blessed to have been a teenager in that special decade and still go to 60's music weekends,would love to hear your thoughts.

Hi there, I loved the Mersey sound, Tamla Motown, Small Faces, Kinks, Who, so many great sounds. I used to follow Joe Cocker around Sheffield. Fashion, I used to look in the shop windows on Chapel Walk at the latest mod fashions, by the time I had saved my money for something the fashion had changed. So much to do back then, I used to meet my mates after work in Graves Park and play football, twice a week we went to the disco at the Olive Grove pub. Great times, hardly a care in the world.

I was born in 1950 so the sixties was a special time for me ,and then the best decade of all

the fantastic seventies , cool in a kaftan love and peace man.Now a sad old hippie with long but thinning hair never grew out of it.

loved the 60's, livid in shiregreen, frequented the horshoe, wharncliffe arms, shiregreen hotel, penguine, some great groups around, but one saturday night comes to mind, mate of mine , called to see me, and said,are we going to the sicey hotel tonight ? whose on i asked ? i think it was the vantennas, without glen dale, sorry i cant ! i was out of work and skint, mum said here's a pound, pay me back when you get a job, so got dressed up, started in tap room, for an hour, game of darts, round of dominoes, 3 pints of queens tennants at 1 shilling 8 pence, a pint, had a hot pukka pie, about 1 shilling, bought from machine 10 woodbine, 1 shilling 4 pence, about 9-30 went in concert room,downed 3 more tennant queens, while watching group, shut doors at 11-00pm, last orders then was 10-30 with 10 to 20 mins to sup up, went home and still had change from the £1, there was 20 shillings to a £1 in the 60's, please bring back the good old days !

Did the same pubs myself at the same time. That Tenants queen ale was a lovely pint.The locals in the Sicey threw a wobbler when the price went up to 1/9p.

in the 60's, i actually liked stones beer, at that time, and went in bellhouse club, i think horseshoe was afferties, but in later life changed to stones, but best beer later was the roman ridge on flower estate, and fighting beer was the tetleys at shiregreen hotel, every time at chucking out time, somebody would be scrapping

loved the 60's, livid in shiregreen, frequented the horshoe, wharncliffe arms, shiregreen hotel, penguine, some great groups around, but one saturday night comes to mind, mate of mine , called to see me, and said,are we going to the sicey hotel tonight ? whose on i asked ? i think it was the vantennas, without glen dale, sorry i cant ! i was out of work and skint, mum said here's a pound, pay me back when you get a job, so got dressed up, started in tap room, for an hour, game of darts, round of dominoes, 3 pints of queens tennants at 1 shilling 8 pence, a pint, had a hot pukka pie, about 1 shilling, bought from machine 10 woodbine, 1 shilling 4 pence, about 9-30 went in concert room,downed 3 more tennant queens, while watching group, shut doors at 11-00pm, last orders then was 10-30 with 10 to 20 mins to sup up, went home and still had change from the £1, there was 20 shillings to a £1 in the 60's, please bring back the good old days !

Glen Dale was with the Fortunes ( a Birmingham based group ) in their hey day, co lead singer with Rod Allen. He left to form Glen Dale and the Candies and I think lived in Shiregreen.

Edited by stpetre
add

One song from 1968 sums it all up for me..." Those Were The Days". We really did think they would never end.:)