Art Gallery Space Needed

Hi guys.

Me and my fellow photography students have been asked to put on an exhibition as part of our degree, and I was just hoping somebody on here could point me in the direction of somebody who might know about a central sheffield medium/large gallery space we can rent for a week in mid march. If you get in touch we can let you know our budget etc. There will be 12 photographic artists displaying between 6-10 prints each on the theme of "existence".

Hopefully somebody will be able to help me out here and id be extremely grateful!

P.s. we've tried all the major gallery spaces in the centre already and found them booked, too expensive or too small.

If its photography why not contact Sheffield Council about displaying on the moor in the empty shop units.

Get in touch with Workstation, Access, Archipelago, Hubs, or ask the university to find room on campus.

If you've got a bit of money to spend, maybe look somewhere like Kelham Island museum.

You're asking a lot; you want people to suggest places, which is fine - but then you say people need to get in touch with you to see what your budget is. That's not so fine - you're making it harder work for people to help you.

Hope you see where I'm coming from - there's not one reason at all why people here would want to get in touch with you about your budget. Asking that they do is only cutting off sources of help.

Sent you a message

Has it got to be a gallery?

Are you willing to sell copies of your prints?

I'm thinking maybe a cafe (or two). Maybe an option?

G

Try Karen at Cupola Gallery in Hillsborough.....I know in the past she has displayed work from up and coming artists. :)

http://www.archipelago-art.co.uk/ is right around the corner from city campus. They have exhibitions from numerous local artists and designers such as Phlegm, Kid Acne, Designers Republic, Dust and more...

Hope you see where I'm coming from - there's not one reason at all why people here would want to get in touch with you about your budget. Asking that they do is only cutting off sources of help.

Youve got the wrong end of the stick here, the people I expect to contact me about prices etc are people who own gallery, office, or shop spaces in Sheffield that would be interested in renting it out. But thanks for the extremely helpful reply anyway :roll:

Thanks to everyone else, unfortunatly we've tried all the galleries mentioned, shop spaces with the council, and university cant provide us with a large enough space for that length of time. Im clutching at straws with this forum search, but thankyou once again. Im just hoping somebody pops up with some spare shop or unit space! Fingers crossed eh! :confused: