Masons Arms, Crookes: now closed?

Went past last night and all lights off. Went past this morning and it was being boarded up with metal sheets :(

Anyone know anything :mad:

Typical local boozer. It was a John Smith's house with a decent pint of Magnet, but hey, I'm going back to a time when I was **this** high. (Puts hand to top of left-leg to illustrate.)

I live in spitting distance of it. Always having lockins....

Yes, it's quite simple.

It's closed.

thanks a lot for that, very useful.

it was a nice boozer, friendly landlord, decent pint of moonshine pool table and dart board. i liked it :(

What a shame.Was in just before a Christmas. A nice local boozer with a lively karaoke on a friday night (I didn't indulge).

it was a nice boozer, friendly landlord, decent pint of moonshine pool table and dart board. i liked it :(

Wonder why it closed then....Usually pubs that meet that description are thriving locals which people support all the way.......

perhaps a greedy Pub Co decided to suddenly double the rent at lease review time.....it is not a rare occurrence I regret to say....

Very much boardred it up with signs from securiyt company stating that no valuables have been left in his property

Shame - another pub bites the dust in Sheffield cos of the Credit crunch - who will be next I wonder ...

Very much boardred it up with signs from securiyt company stating that no valuables have been left in his property

almost sounds like it might have been repossessed or something? :(

Wonder why it closed then....Usually pubs that meet that description are thriving locals which people support all the way.......

perhaps a greedy Pub Co decided to suddenly double the rent at lease review time.....it is not a rare occurrence I regret to say....

i must admit it was never busy when i went in which is a shame as there is no reason why it shouldn't be. better than the lager barn up the road (punch bowl), decent banter with the locals and £2.50 moonshine was more than fair.