Crawl space insulation advice please

Hi,

I have a a crawl space under my house. Possibly 3 and half foot in depth with good access.

It is directly underneath the living and dining room. The two rooms that are by far the coldest in the house!

So my question is, is it possible/worthwhile to get the ceiling of the crawl space (i.e. floorboards) insulated? Has anyone else done this?

Any advice greatly appreciated :-)

yes worth it. Just be sure that the space is well ventilated below the insulation (air bricks). If not you may end up with damp problems and rot .

I put loft insulation between all of the joists in our house and it has dramatically reduced drafts and room gets warm quicker and stays warm. A better but more expensive way is to put kingspan (or equivalent) between the joists

Another good thing to do is fill all the gaps in the floorboards if its not carpeted.

yes worth it. Just be sure that the space is well ventilated below the insulation (air bricks). If not you may end up with damp problems and rot .

I put loft insulation between all of the joists in our house and it has dramatically reduced drafts and room gets warm quicker and stays warm. A better but more expensive way is to put kingspan (or equivalent) between the joists

Another good thing to do is fill all the gaps in the floorboards if its not carpeted.

Thank you that's really helpful. Glad it will make a difference heat retention wise!

I will check the air vent situation.

Can i ask did you insulate it yourself or are there people out there who will do it?