Are the 118 118 calls really this much.

We have just received our phone bill from our provider and find that three calls to obtain a phone no has cost us £20 .

We had to make three calls because we could not understand a word the operator was saying when first we tried.

So be warned 118 118 appears to be a rip off unless of course it is our line provider that is over charging.

DON'T let them put you through, write the number down.

Well, don't use them, but if you do, write it down!

We have just received our phone bill from our provider and find that three calls to obtain a phone no has cost us £20 .

We had to make three calls because we could not understand a word the operator was saying when first we tried.

So be warned 118 118 appears to be a rip off unless of course it is our line provider that is over charging.

only £20..... you were lucky. there is a charge for giving you the number. a charge for connecting you, a huge charge per minute. and that is just 118's fees. then there are your providers charges.

they are a rip off - how else can they afford gormless tv ads?

if i need a number, i search for the company on the net to get the number.

only £20..... you were lucky. there is a charge for giving you the number. a charge for connecting you, a huge charge per minute. and that is just 118's fees. then there are your providers charges.

they are a rip off - how else can they afford gormless tv ads?

if i need a number, i search for the company on the net to get the number.

Thanks for that Murphy ,It makes you wonder why companies are allowed to get away with what is in fact day light robbery.

Or try 0800 1183733 which is free

Or try this which is also free 0800 100 100.

Use click to call, It's free.

Are the different above No's free no matter who your phone and broadband provider is.

Thanks for that Murphy ,It makes you wonder why companies are allowed to get away with what is in fact day light robbery.

It's not robbery. There prices are published and it is absolutely your choice as to whether to use them or not.

(although I do struggle to understand why someone who has access to the Internet would choose to use a high rate service to find a phone number.)

It's not robbery. There prices are published and it is absolutely your choice as to whether to use them or not.

(although I do struggle to understand why someone who has access to the Internet would choose to use a high rate service to find a phone number.)

Yes. Really, the '118' brigade are just 09xx numbers in camouflage.

Or just use sodding Google on your ruddy phone :rolleyes: