Missing War Memorials

Canon Odom mentions a Roll of Honour commemorating the men of the Church that fell in WW1, also one to a York & Lancaster Regiment. I have managed to find a technical drawing by James R. Wigfall, A.R.I.B.A. from 1921, of the Roll of Honour in a Cathedral .Dioc'. I have asked at the Cathedral about both memorials but have drawn a blank, they must be somewhere ??

Dean.

Who did you ask at the cathedral? Also, daft question time. Which cathedral were you asking?

Daft answer time, seeing as this is the Sheffield Cathedral thread I suppose I'm on about Sheffield Cathedral!

I asked at the office who went and fetched an old lady along who they said knew more about the Cathedral than most.

Just as daft, the same question came into my mind when I first read Dean's post, until I thought to look at the header. I'm willing to bet Alchemist got here via 'View new posts' like what I did!

Good luck with the search Dean!

It is a fair question as there are 2 cathedrals in Sheffield and the group name does not specify which cathedral.

Anyway is this what you are looking for?

http://s1256.photobucket.com/user/alchemist2k12/media/null.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

This is in the Chapel of St george in the Anglican cathedral. There may be another memorial in the main body of the church but as thats a building site I cant check :)

I know there are two Cathedrals in Sheffield, but ask anyone to point you in the direction of Sheffield Cathedral you will end up at the Anglican one.

I have photographed and researched every memorial/roll of honour in the Cathedral, the two 'missing' roll's of honour are not there, I do have images/drawings of said rolls from Archive 'Diocs', and also a copy of Canon Odom's book detailing the rolls and where they were in the Cathedral.

I know there are two Cathedrals in Sheffield, but ask anyone to point you in the direction of Sheffield Cathedral you will end up at the Anglican one.

Fair enough, but you will be surprised how many people in Sheffield do not know that there are 2 hence everyone pointing to he Anglican one