Films everyone else likes but you hate

Maybe hate is a strong word. But there are some films that always end up in those '100 greatest film' lists or are just loved by everyone it seems and I really can't get into them or understand why.

Forrest Gump - quite funny but Tom Hanks is so annoying in this film and that box of chocolates line really angers me, it's nothing like life because there's a bloody DESCRIPTION CARD in the lid. Grrr.

Shrek films, urghhhhhhh just go away!

Pirates of the Carribbean - Johhny Depp might be pretty but talk about style over substance.

Gone with the Wind - Ok, I saw this when probably too young, but about 4 hours of spoilt brat vivien Leigh being a spoilt brat and cardboard cut out Clark Gable doesn't constitute the greatest love story ever told to me. I found more romance in 10 seconds of Buffalo 66 that the whole of that film, and I usually love old films.

Rant over! Haha.

Citizen Kane - sorry, but it does nothing for me, and every time I say this I get the usual barrage of 'film experts' trying to tell me that I am wrong for not liking it. Yet when I ask them to tell me what is so good about it without mentioning cinematography, they stumble and give up. Yeah, I agree it pioneered many fantastic camera techniques, and looks great - but that's it as far as I am concerned.

Lost In Translation - sorry, I just don't get it! Again looks great, but what a dull, empty, vacuaous waste of nearly 2 hours of my life that was (which felt more like 12 hours!) "What did he whisper to her at the end?" so many people ask. I can answer that....he said, "Can you believe we get paid for this crap!"

Aside from those two, I usually find I agree with various 'films to see before you die' lists.

dirty dancing............

American Pie and similar.

mars attacks....... for that film hate is not a strong enough word.

Titanic - I hate that film

Iron Man.

2/10 and that's being generous!

We've just watched Mama Mia - oh my god, how on earth has this film got to be the number one, best selling film of all time, in the UK. It was total pants. Can anyone explain it to me cos I think I'm missing something :huh:

As a kid all my mates were into Star Wars - the toys, figures - the lot. I just didn't get it. Now, a decade later, having watched all the films again at least a couple of times, I still don't.

All Star Wars films are just completely empty at heart. They're crap, always have been and always will be.

Maybe hate is a strong word. But there are some films that always end up in those '100 greatest film' lists or are just loved by everyone it seems and I really can't get into them or understand why.

Forrest Gump - quite funny but Tom Hanks is so annoying in this film and that box of chocolates line really angers me, it's nothing like life because there's a bloody DESCRIPTION CARD in the lid. Grrr.

Shrek films, urghhhhhhh just go away!

Pirates of the Carribbean - Johhny Depp might be pretty but talk about style over substance.

Gone with the Wind - Ok, I saw this when probably too young, but about 4 hours of spoilt brat vivien Leigh being a spoilt brat and cardboard cut out Clark Gable doesn't constitute the greatest love story ever told to me. I found more romance in 10 seconds of Buffalo 66 that the whole of that film, and I usually love old films.

Rant over! Haha.

I think Forrest Gump - with its racism ( one retarded white American shows simple "plantation ******" how to run a business) and the message that all people who opposed the Vietnam war were waste of space junkies - makes it to the bottom ten worst films of all time. I'm still working on the other nine.

regards Rod

yeah Pirates of the Caribbean series...total trash and appalling scripts and stupidly hammy acting......

Forrest Gump - quite funny but Tom Hanks is so annoying in this film and that box of chocolates line really angers me' date=' it's nothing like life because there's a bloody DESCRIPTION CARD in the lid. Grrr.[/quote']

I thought that too, but some people who are more au fait with America than I am have assured me that in America it is the norm for boxes of chocs NOT to have such a card.

Fargo is one film that I actually walked out on, and that people who normally share my taste rave about.