Stopping neighbour's cannabis smell

i live in a council Communal apartment, it is so annoy walking down to ones apartment and smell cannabis all the way through, people don't understand the inconveniences of their actions

I don't smoke myself but believe me, there are a hell of a lot worse smells than the smell of weed.

This entire thread??

You clearly love a good rant, it's clear for everyone to see you hate this guys guts.

You had no issue whatsoever with the thread and/or use of violence being used against this person.

I have no time for hatred of people, only some of their action, why should I mess myself up.

the violence inflicted on this guy has allegedly been repeated by yet another person I hear.

why should I care about it? i did not choose to use that option. you can't convince me that the majority of people who when informed about violence being inflicted upon a criminal would express negative feelings about it

he poisons his own children with impunity he impacts on other people's lives without regard for their health or feelings.. that it would seem is ok with you... i'm glad i am not a neighbour of yours

you seem to completely overlook that people using drugs in a manner such that others are aware of it are potentially setting an example to children that it is acceptable to use illegal drugs publicly.

I dont know whether or not you are related to any children or if you have any friends... that have children i dont know whether or not you care about the welfare of those children or children in general but i would expect any reasonable person to agree that the misuse of any drugs should not be perceived by children to be either acceptable or normal

His "criminalism" is to smoke something you don't approve of. If it were tobacco then it would be legal, but it smells much worse and has worse potential health impacts for himself and for anyone else exposed.

Perhaps the solution is to legalise cannabis, then the majority of your argument disappears.

"Oh, won't somebody think of the children" is a very weak argument in this context.

Interesting that you class use as misuse though, why is that? And you say "any drugs", so I guess you're including tobacco, alcohol, paracetamol, caffeine and so on? When does use become misuse for all these drugs?

His "criminalism" is to smoke something you don't approve of.

No... the possession and use of cannabis are illegal

my disapproval of the effects he has on others ... not me on this case.. is I am sure not something i would be alone in were other people to have such an unreasonable and selfish neighbour

If it were tobacco then it would be legal, but it smells much worse and has worse potential health impacts for himself and for anyone else exposed.

I can't fault you on that... so why do you appear defend the junky and his illegal drug use? may i ask ...just for perspective .. not to be judgemental .are you also an illegal drug user?

Perhaps the solution is to legalise cannabis, then the majority of your argument disappears.

Not really it would be still bedoing all I have said but with government sanction would not make it right.

I do however most heartily condone and extol the use of cannabis oil medicinally. which does not include smoking it where others are aware of it whether they want to be or not

"Oh, won't somebody think of the children" is a very weak argument in this context.

i apologise and duly note your lack of care for children's welfare IN THIS CONTEXT

Interesting that you class use as misuse though, why is that? And you say "any drugs", so I guess you're including tobacco, alcohol, paracetamol, caffeine and so on? When does use become misuse for all these drugs?

well if you really lack the imagination to grasp my intention and genuinely want some outlines to go on

if you choose to use a drug not for health reasons then what other uses remain are for the most part if not only for ... misuse and which is generally for pleasure or to satisfy some pathetic addiction

i dont personally care what other people do to themselves provided it does not affect other people and i would prefer it if their chosen activity did not cost us all as tax payers anything either

If the problem is the legality then it will all be solved by making cannabis legal.

My drugs of preference are caffeine and alcohol, but it doesn't alter anything about my points or the argument you made.

Interesting, so by definition you include drinking coffee and tea as misuse of drugs, fascinating insight into your mind. Also obviously alcohol and nicotine are included in your definition of misuse.

You don't care what people do so long as there's no impact, well, that's fair, I'd agree with that, although you do in reality seem to care quite a lot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only impact this guy is having is that you can smell it?

---------- Post added 20-06-2018 at 12:29 ----------

Just reading back over the thread, I see you're not very concerned over the illegal actions of your neighbour. Beating people up is quite clearly a more serious offence than personal use of a harmless drug, so why haven't you reported this to the police?

Oh, and where did the children of the smoker come from, you'd never mentioned them before, but now he "poisons his own children", convenient.

If the problem is the legality then it will all be solved by making cannabis legal..

the problem of odour affecting others and the chemicals having an impact on others would be made worse if its possession and use were legalised for recreational use, especially if smoked. its recreational use being legalsied would have myriad other potential consequences.

My drugs of preference are caffeine and alcohol, but it doesn't alter anything about my points or the argument you made.

Interesting, so by definition you include drinking coffee and tea as misuse of drugs, fascinating insight into your mind. Also obviously alcohol and nicotine are included in your definition of misuse.

almost any 'drug' can be be misused including caffeine though that would generally be more of a personal issue not having much impact on others ... butask most medical people and they will say use of nicotine is generally a misuse of course when you use it as it was originally ...that is as an insecticide.... its perhaps not misuse. i honestly dont know about that.... depends on environmental impact i suppose

alcohol use my own included is by the medical profession, hypocritically in some cases, regarded as a misuse ... which many will agree with when you are considering anything more than moderate use .. as a general rule moderate use by some need not have any impact on others

you cant argue that nicotine use is banned in many places now on health grounds. i used to smoke and i agree it does carry health dangers and can be antisocial even out in the open. the smell of it is to me only offense from a if you can smell it then you are secondary smoking...which is just a fact.

You don't care what people do so long as there's no impact, well, that's fair, I'd agree with that, although you do in reality seem to care quite a lot.

I should have further explained that... I dont care what they do to themselves as long as there is no impact on others. ie, social and life quality, health or financial...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only impact this guy is having is that you can smell it?

ok i will correct you. see the OP. and again I will state i don't live there i am only personally impacted by the smell, which incidentally i do like, when visiting.

It's use being legalised would have myriad positive consequences yes.

I disagree that all alcohol use is categorised as misuse medically.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/addiction-what-is-it/

The NHS specifically talks about misuse in the context of addiction, not social drinking.

I haven't argued that smoking (not nicotine) is banned in many public places, the same law should apply no matter what substance is smoked. You'll note however that in your own home is not one of those places.

Who shone a light under the bridge and let this troll back out???

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 20-06-2018 at 13:15 ----------

the violence inflicted on this guy has allegedly been repeated by yet another person I hear.

i'm glad i am not a neighbour of yours

So am I!!! What an utterly-horrendous neighbourhood.

You've got people being physically assaulted up over some cannabis use??

What sort of utter <removed>hole do you live in??

I dont know whether or not you are related to any children or if you have any friends... that have children i dont know whether or not you care about the welfare of those children or children in general but i would expect any reasonable person to agree that the misuse of any drugs should not be perceived by children to be either acceptable or normal

Yet it's completely ok to kick this guys teeth in, while the same children you claim to worry for are watching on???

Quite frankly you should be ashamed of yourself, your utter lack of morals disgusts me.

Edited by nikki-red

No... the possession and use of cannabis are illegal

No, only the possession of it is illegal.

If cannabis is legalised I can see this sort of complaint going through the roof, to be honest. Someone who lives near me was complaining about the smell emitting from their neighbours house - to be honest it's probably similar to the smell of cigarette smoke for many people - some can put up with it, but other cannot.

If cannabis is legalised I can see this sort of complaint going through the roof, to be honest. Someone who lives near me was complaining about the smell emitting from their neighbours house - to be honest it's probably similar to the smell of cigarette smoke for many people - some can put up with it, but other cannot.

I was thinking the same. All for it being legal, but the smell is unpleasant for many people (not keen myself), and if it's a constant smell coming from next door, that's just not on.

Such issues would probably be sorted by the council, as Glennis has said it's just as pungent as cigarette smoke and we don't have droves of people complaining about that.

You shouldn't be able to smell it strongly inside you own home, unless you've got every door and window open or the person is just sat outside blowing smoke in.