Asda stopping selling loose fruit and veg.

Will you still use Asda or change supermarkets?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will you still use Asda or change supermarkets?

• Yes will change, I don't like wasting food.
    • No the veg is cheap enough to throw excess away.
    • Will still use Asda but go elsewhere for fruit and veg.

That may not be the reason why they are more expensive.

When I checked earlier the onions in the bag had the country of origin marked as English and the loose ones marked as Dutch. I always look as I prefer to buy English onions.

:huh:

Hmmm...

... are you sure the Dutch ones weren't tulip bulbs? :suspect:

I tried to buy loose mushrooms last week I was told they had stopped doing them as there was too many wasted.

A case in point. ASDA now charge 57p for a string bag of three onions all roughly the same size. I took one out and scanned it separately and it was 11p. So basically they are charging an extra 24p for the packaging

reviving an oldish thread, went to Asda handsworth today - A 12 pack of oxo cubes £1.00 ----A 24 pack of oxo cubes £2.59. Do they really think we're that thick, the 12 pack wasn't on offer either.

reviving an oldish thread, went to Asda handsworth today - A 12 pack of oxo cubes £1.00 ----A 24 pack of oxo cubes £2.59. Do they really think we're that thick, the 12 pack wasn't on offer either.

No, just unobservant.

Nowt pre packed at our local farm shop, every thing is loose, and fresh, and very reasonably priced as well.

Just remembered, little Jem lettuce are pre packed in two's, iceburg's are loose.

Angel1.