Haye v Bellew

Yes if he puts the effort in.

No if he looses the plot again.

From recent pictures he looks to have lost all the weight he put on, but the question remains is his head in the game or not???

I'm sure he'll blow through his first opponent, will pick some talentless no-name looking for a payday.

When he fights someone half decent, then we'll all know if he's properly back.

I hope he does come back, he's a character.

Yes if he puts the effort in.

No if he looses the plot again.

From recent pictures he looks to have lost all the weight he put on, but the question remains is his head in the game or not???

I'm sure he'll blow through his first opponent, will pick some talentless no-name looking for a payday.

When he fights someone half decent, then we'll all know if he's properly back.

I hope he does come back, he's a character.

A lot of people dismiss him but he is very intelligent and can be very funny, he will definitely liven things up.

I'm hoping Bellew gets nailed by the new cruiser weight bruiser Oleksandr Usyk, he is in the top P4P fighters around, in fact he would have even troubled the great Holyfield at his peak, if he puts Bellew away he will be a problem for any fighter at any weight.

Well it looks like Bellew is going to fight Usyk at cruiserweight, a step too far for Bellew in my opinion.

Yep I think you're right, Usyk unified all the cruiserweight belts he's the best at that weight class.

Bellew might have had half a chance at heavyweight, cutting down to cruiserweight is too far. It shouldn't have been much of an issue, Usyk wants to fight Joshua next which obviously can only happen at heavyweight.

I read a news article today where Haye said Bellew should not be written off just yet, he said he underestimated Bellew on two occasions and paid the price for it, Haye will say anything though.

Haye just doesn't want to admit he was worn out and shouldn't have been in the ring.

His body packed in a few rounds into the first fight, it was a struggle to even get to the ring for the second.

By the time he did finally manage it, things were clear to everyone that Haye just wasn't upto task any longer.

Bellew looked properly decent in that fight though, physically trim and he was comfortable in the ring against a fellow Heavyweight.

He's now got to chuck that all away and try to drop down under 200lb, it's too much to ask.

Haye just doesn't want to admit he was worn out and shouldn't have been in the ring.

His body packed in a few rounds into the first fight, it was a struggle to even get to the ring for the second.

By the time he did finally manage it, things were clear to everyone that Haye just wasn't upto task any longer.

Bellew looked properly decent in that fight though, physically trim and he was comfortable in the ring against a fellow Heavyweight.

He's now got to chuck that all away and try to drop down under 200lb, it's too much to ask.

Bellew has made a big mistake fighting Usyk at cruiser weight, but I doubt even at heavy he would beat Usyk, that said he (Bellew) is not going to mess around, he will give it everything, there could still be a big shocker on the night in the underdogs favour.

Boxing as a sport is dead there are too many gyms too many managers,trainers and promoters.....

That's why the boxers are not of good quality anymore they are not being trained by top class boxing trainers anymore....

For a start no boxer should look like a bodybuilder ie CUT they should be supple that's the reason why many of these fighters cant get their shots off and by looking and being built like they are they are rigid with their shots......

Its sad to say and I fear boxing will never be the same again...

Sad...

Boxing as a sport is dead there are too many gyms too many managers,trainers and promoters.....

That's why the boxers are not of good quality anymore they are not being trained by top class boxing trainers anymore....

For a start no boxer should look like a bodybuilder ie CUT they should be supple that's the reason why many of these fighters cant get their shots off and by looking and being built like they are they are rigid with their shots......

Its sad to say and I fear boxing will never be the same again...

Sad...

No Bellew has not made a mistake he is doing it simply for the money secure him and his family for life , As far as boxers today with there coaching and diets they would all beat the old boxers except for a very few mayweather being one of the few exeptions . Same as you say the excitment has gone and i guess its down to the money / greedy promoters in the sport

No Bellew has not made a mistake he is doing it simply for the money secure him and his family for life , As far as boxers today with there coaching and diets they would all beat the old boxers except for a very few mayweather being one of the few exeptions . Same as you say the excitment has gone and i guess its down to the money / greedy promoters in the sport

I guess the 8 million he has already earned wont last long in todays world, also he can never get a job as a pundit because nobody ever wants to hear a scouser talking.

If Bellew was doing it for the money why would he not fight Usyk at Heavyweight??

Usyk wants to be in that weight devision anyway so he can take a shot at Joshua.

I think it's Pride/ego thats convinced him to fight at a lower weight class.