What car to buy to tow a caravan

Hi all

We have a Sterling Europa 2005 touring caravan

And we are looking at upgrading our car, we currently have a Honda CRV 2008 model

Which we really like, and it tows the caravan really well

I have looked at a lot of the larger SUVs, but the kerb weight, and towing capacity isn't great

What would you buy??

And why??

Many thanks Nichola

I've recently upgraded from a Nissan Xtrail to a Skoda Yeti and never looked back (except to check the caravan is still there... :P).

The Yeti has a smaller towing capacity yet was far better at towing than the Xtrail. More sturdy, held the road better, less snaking, more economical and better lower down torque.

I've got a Stirling Eccles 5 berth caravan, so it's not a lightweight by any means!

:thumbsup:

What is the weight of the caravan,. You should be looking at a car with sufficient weight so the caravan is about 85% of the car.

I tow with a 2.2 Kia Sportage and tows great

We recently bought a Kia sorrento and used it to tow for the first time this weekend. Husband said it towed like a dream. Didn't even feel like he was towing. Good luck in your search

Advice wanted please :)

We are looking at upgrading our car, we currently have a Honda CRV 2008 exec model.. Our caravan is a Sterling Europa 2005 and the Honda tows it like a dream.. Me and my husband have spent hours re-searching veichles, checking kerb wights etc, match my car to my caravan, caravan club, practical caravanning

We have visited several car dealers for some advice, and they all have told us something different, so we are rather fed-up and frustrated :(

We have looked at Freelanders, Kia Sportage, Hyundai IX35, Nissan Xtrail and the Ford Kuga

2.0 litre, Automatic with a good spec

We like the look of the Kuga, and the Sportage because of the warranty

Can any of you kind experienced caravaners, share your thoughts please, before we go mad

Many thanks Nichola :) :)

Thank you for the information :)

Really appreciate it

I would have thought another CRV was hard to beat?