Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

I passed my 11+ to go to Owler Lane Intermediate school back in 1960, and in 1963 we joined up with Hinde House Secondary school to make, I think, the first Comprehensive school in Sheffield. Does anyone on the forum remember going there at that time?

I didn't go towler lane but went to hinde House untill 1966 so I was propably there at the same time as you only I didn't pass the eleven plus so you were probably in a higher class than me

Yes ....I was one of that group......Hucklow Road....Owler Lane ...then on to Hinde House.

It's been great to read the names from the past on this site. Tony Oxley, Ian Pringle, the famous Greatbatch, Steve Radford. Whatever happened to Geoff Worth? I thought he'd make it as a pro footballer.Does the name Roger Sidwell ring a bell, his folks had a pub in Pitsmoor, also Eddie Lister, lived on the Manor estate along with me. By the way, my name is Brian Moss. Another name I remember is Fred Guite, but sadly, I think he topped himself a few years ago, but I'd love to be wrong.

Originally posted by ALZYMER

It's been great to read the names from the past on this site. Tony Oxley, Ian Pringle, the famous Greatbatch, Steve Radford. Whatever happened to Geoff Worth? I thought he'd make it as a pro footballer.Does the name Roger Sidwell ring a bell, his folks had a pub in Pitsmoor, also Eddie Lister, lived on the Manor estate along with me. By the way, my name is Brian Moss. Another name I remember is Fred Guite, but sadly, I think he topped himself a few years ago, but I'd love to be wrong.

Alzymer

I remember some of those names, sadly you are right Fred did take his own life. I remember Roger I lived a few yards from him at one time and I think Geoff Worth did become a professional footballer he was certainly a professional coach. I remember you but I think you were one year below me.

Siren

Alzymer,

I went to Owler lane and hinde house, i think we were in the same class, My names Iain Pringle.

I seem to remember we both worked together at the Hallam Tower hotel in the late sixties.

Am i right ?

Alzymer,

I went to Owler lane and hinde house, i think we were in the same class, My names Iain Pringle.

I seem to remember we both worked together at the Hallam Tower hotel in the late sixties.

Am i right ?

P.S yes u are seeing this twice, bloody computer crashed and told me hadnt posted

That's right Iain, I was a banqueting porter for a few weeks(very few, as I let the end of a piano down on the assistant managers foot) and to be honest mate, I can't really remember where in the hotel you worked , but I seem to picture you in a chef's out fit , am I right?

alzymer

was a chef for many years to old now

since my return to sheffield have been running various

chip shops

e mail me and ill give you the real scandal

iain

This is Steve Radford from Los Angeles....

....first I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year....

All these names from the past....fantastic.

Just made contact with Glyn Senior ......he has a family in Japan....

.....I think he mentioned that Geoff Worth had a stroke.....I'll check into it.

Well Ian's made me hungry with the mention of fish and chips........I'll make some of my Sheffield fish-cakes over the holiday...........they won't let me make Yorkshire Pudding.......ever since I almost set fire to a friends kitchen a couple of years ago......but his wife is talking to me again.

Have a pint for me.....later

Hi, just wondered if anyone there in my year at Owler Lane Intermediate School from 1952-57. It's 50 years since we left - how amazing is that?! Should have thought about it earlier and had a reunion, what say you?

:banana:

Was there '55 to Xmas '59. In McDonald's class first then onto Mr. Boardman. Did you know Pat Jackson or Eric Foreman. I am still in touch with Pat and unfortunately Eric has passed on.