Welcome to the film group.

Hi everyone and welcome to the film group. :wave:

I'd love to get the regulars involved, people who I know are as passionate, if not more than me, about film, organise some film meets through here and chat about anything and anything film related. Also to get the insiders involved, Beakerzoid, The Showroom and anyone else if i've missed you.

Edna x

Those are some of the ideas that I think will make this different to the film threads on the entertainment threads! Meets are certainly a possibility and if we can get some regular posters on threads we can have a good group :)

Anyway, welcome!

Hi :)

I think this is a great idea. There are many times that film related threads get lost in amongst the general entertainment stuff, so a seperate discussion area for film and film related topics is great.

Look at this as an example. Say, for example, I chose to post a note about the upcoming 3D movies this year, and describe the technical aspect of the new Real-D 3D projector for those who want to understand how it all works. Now is that Entertainment or not? Well....worry no more...it is film related, and of a kind of topic that the general audiences will not really care, but some of us obsessives ('cos I am a film obsessive, that is why I chose to work in the industry) will find interesting.

Also, yeah - it would be great to arrange meets. I would certainly love to chat films with fellow cinephiles, so thumbs up from me.

In addition, another possible reason for this seperate forum is perhaps for those who are interested in, or involved in, the film-making process. Any student filmmakers seeking extras for their short film, etc? They could post in here, and it wouldn't get lost amongst the other threads in whichever forum it ends up in.

I'm looking at setting up a Film Studies A-Level from September 2009/2010 if I can get other staff/SMT on board. It would be great to use the expertise and experience of some people to enhance that! :)

I am a complete film addict and so this is heaven for me!

Glad to see there is a film group made!!!! :D

I'll be here more often now hehe

Hey everyone! :wave:

:suspect: interesting. a film group.

love it!

talk soon fellow film freaks*

*im sure you're not freaks.

We had our first film meet on Tuesday, look out for more coming soon!!

I am planning to catch the 6:30pm Hellboy II this coming Tuesday at Cineworld. If anyone fancies popping along let me know.

I'm a total film geek. It's really good to see people that have the same interests most of my friends are totally clueless when it comes to films. although that might just be my film-making background.

This is your one opportunity to do something that no one has ever done before and that no one will copy throughout human existence. And if nothing else, you will be remembered as the one guy who ever did this. This one thing.

- Sam 'garden state' 2004

:suspect: interesting. a film group.

love it!

talk soon fellow film freaks*

*im sure you're not freaks.

i am :D i love movies mostly italian 80's horror movies :thumbsup: