Anyone work at Tinsley Wire Ltd?

Anybody from tinsley wire, I worked there from 1979 until 1992 on shepcote lane side. Had many a good laugh with lads and many agood arguement with gaffers. happy days:D

My husband has worked there for 32 years. It's now owned by Betafence, and has a very much reduced workforce to the old days.

My Dads Family Was The Longest Serving Family At T.w.i.l

Dennis .barry .charlie. Alice

Surname Briggs

Dennis Worked In Galvenising . Barry Worked In Wire Draws?

I use to organise a Sponsored up to, 12 person, team Raft Race on May Day Bank Holiday Sunday along a three miles section of the Sheffield Canal which started on the Tinsley side of the Broughton Lane/Greenland Road bridge and finished at the Canal Basin.

The Tinsley Wire Company normally entered Two teams of twelve people and brought along with along with them whole families to cheer the teams on and assist. (Sometimes have a go at paddling, when they though that I didn't know!!!)

From memory, I believe that they won the race once.

But the main objective of the event was to raise sponsorship money for Muscular Dystrophy Research and they were one of the exceptional constant highly sponsored teams and raised many thousands of pounds over the ten years that I organised it.

In future years, when a cure is found, I'm certain a lot of young people who would have suffered with Muscular Dystrophy, will read about it's medical fund raising history and be grateful to all those who contributed sponsorship to the Tinley Wire Industries Raft Race Team's

I started my electrical contracting apprenicship there for a company called Sheffield Electric of Peter Street. Over the following years (1969 - 1974) I worked there a lot and the person that sticks in my mind is a guy called Larry Lamb who was a manager in the manitenance department. Health and safety mean't nothing then, I can remember clambering in the rafters above the zinc and acid baths putting up conduit runs. I still shiver now thinking about it.

Does anyone remember Reg Sanderson who worked there?

Happy Days!

Surname Briggs

Dennis Worked In Galvenising . Barry Worked In Wire Draws?

My Uncle John Willy Ellisoàn was supposedly cut in half by a draw wire in Sheffield in about 1914- 1929. A

My Uncle John Willy Ellisoàn was supposedly cut in half by a draw wire in Sheffield in about 1914- 1929. Any one hear of it?

KeninMarciac

sure my old neighbour works there -mick bridgewater

Surname Briggs

Dennis Worked In Galvenising .

Barry Worked In Wire Draws?

That sounds really uncomfortable :o

Anybody from tinsley wire, I worked there from 1979 until 1992 on shepcote lane side. Had many a good laugh with lads and many agood arguement with gaffers. happy days:D

I used to use the Tinsley Wire sports club on Ferrars road at tinsley and got to know quite a few of the workers from there. Good club that was, shame it's all shut up now!