Optician for contact lenses - recommendations please!

Can anyone recommend a good independent optician in the city centre or the south of Sheffield for contact lenses? I'm not interested in chains like Specsavers/Boots/Vision Express as they are no good for the type of lenses I have and I'm not entirely happy with the independent opticians I go to moment so any recommendations are welcome!

Lawrence Jenkinsons at Woodseats have always been good for me.

The contact lens service was great.

Been a contact lense wearer for 50 years . Accuvue moist are the best by far and Asda at

Handsworth are the best to go with i have found . They will sort you out your prescription toric or what ever but go with Accuvue dailys put new ones in every day dont mess about .

Lawrence Jenkinsons at Woodseats have always been good for me.

The contact lens service was great.

I would second this recommendation.

I have a very complicated prescription so it's important that I trust the person who is dealing with my eyes.

Excellent service and a lovely man too.

Edited by Daven

Don't end up wishing you should have gone to Specsavers.

David Inman on Ecclesall Road look after my eyes, now that my old optician has retired. There is no substitute for actually knowing your optician if you're not in the typically easy class, is there?

What is the type of lens you need?

I use cost co for my lenses. Amazing service and very competitive on price too. I believe you can use the opticians without being a paid member. You can always call to ask them.

Thank for the recommendations. I've found it's definitely better to see the same optician for the type of lenses I have.

Carter Bailey Opticians - was David Sherherds. Fitzwilliam st S1. Moving to Cornish Street S3

When I've needed an eye test I've used Martyn Kemp on Abbeydale Road. Great service, very convenient for me and they are able to provide trial lenses.

However, for the last 5 years or so I've bought my lenses online through Vision Direct as I've found them very competitively priced and they offer a free next day delivery.

The downside is that they don't offer trial lenses. Occasionally I'll place an order with a few weeks worth of another brand to see how they fair. At the moment I have a mix of Focus Dailies Aquacomfort Plus and Accuvue Moist Dailies which are at the mid-range for pricing. The Focus Dailies work best for me, the challenge is how they feel at the end of the day, I need a Toric lense for one eye and the Aquacomfort Plus is comfortable and long lasting...for me anyway.