Accident Hillsborough 16/06/2018

Road closed due to accident, person hit by bus

Same crossing as usual near the bus terminus outside jp news

Same crossing as usual near the bus terminus outside jp news

I'm still no wiser where this incident is at

Did it actually happen on crossing as it looked to be just past it? either way its awful.

Did it actually happen on crossing as it looked to be just past it? either way its awful.

Police cordon is around the crossing.

I hope there is a positive outcome for those involved.

Needs something doing to that crossing, too much confusion with bus lane, tram and predestination not a Good mix. Hope the person is ok!

I'm still no wiser where this incident is at

Middlewood road....where the bus terminus is....opposite Rawson spring pub.....the junction with forbes road.

Needs something doing to that crossing, too much confusion with bus lane, tram and predestination not a Good mix. Hope the person is ok!

There is nothing wrong with that or any other crossing in Hillsborough, it's the people using them that is the issue. From the Hillsborough barracks right down to the Natwest / B&M, people would rather play with their life then wait for the green man.

On a different note, I hope the outcome of the pedestrian involved in today's incident turns out ok.

Drove past literally just after this has had happened, thoughts go to all involved especially the gentleman that was hit, looked to be a very serious accident.

There is nothing wrong with that or any other crossing in Hillsborough, it's the people using them that is the issue. From the Hillsborough barracks right down to the Natwest / B&M, people would rather play with their life then wait for the green man.

On a different note, I hope the outcome of the pedestrian involved in today's incident turns out ok.

There is something wrong with that crossing. It is very confusing. Where the traffic filters on to one side of the road behind the tram gates people don’t realise which direction the traffic is coming from and step out in front of traffic coming from the barracks direction because they assume it is two lanes of traffic all coming from the Middlewood Rd direction rather than traffic flowing in opposite directions so they step out thinking the road is clear.

Yes it would be sensible to wait for the green man, but people don’t. And that crossing is dangerous because there is a death or serious injury there every few months. In comparison to other crossings without the traffic filters that is a hell of a lot. So yes, that crossing is dangerous.

---------- Post added 16-06-2018 at 15:49 ----------

Drove past literally just after this has had happened, thoughts go to all involved especially the gentleman that was hit, looked to be a very serious accident.

Was he elderly? It frequently does seem to be elderly people who are hit there as the crossing confuses them.

See I disagree with you there.... from the lights outside Morrisons crossing there are no further lights for cars till you reach the next set outside the chip shop..... many a time Iv been sat in the car on Forbes road waiting at the red light & I see many a bus/car drive straight through that crossing when the green man is on for the pedestrians.

It needs sorting out!