Aldi Fox Valley closing down?

I think I overheard someone saying aldi at fox valley is closing down - anyone know about this?

Heard the same.

The chain has decided its too highbrow for Clanktown.

Heard the same.

The chain has decided its too highbrow for Clanktown.

And that place at retailpark they used to be is still empty because the chain decided not to play these highbrow games with the rent.

Does this mean there's going to be a proper supermarket?

Does this mean there's going to be a proper supermarket?

We shop at Waitrose, MS, Sainsbury morrisons tesco and at Aldi. We go to the more expensive ones for items cheaper places don't have and save a lot getting equal quality products at cheaper places.

Which one is proper?

Typical English judgmental class separation arrogance paying double for items that are of equal quantity and quality to go to a proper supermarket.

Not many supermarkets down stocksbridge, I guess most people there shop in Sheffield.

Edited by dutch

That Aldi was always fairly busy, so is the retail park.

I'd be surprised if they shut it down, the company is doing quite well and still expanding.

They're not suffering the same problems as the other large supermarket chains.

That Aldi was always fairly busy, so is the retail park.

I'd be surprised if they shut it down, the company is doing quite well and still expanding.

They're not suffering the same problems as the other large supermarket chains.

The only reason they would be closing is if the guy who runs it is jacking the rent up to a ridiculous level.

Yes, but thats just speculation.

and to be fair you'd expect Aldi to have rent price controls built into their contract on the place, afterall they were the ones who rescued the development so would have been in a strong negotiating position to start off with.

The location was supposed to be a Tesco, but they pulled out before completion and left the development without it's anchor business.

The only reason they would be closing is if the guy who runs it is jacking the rent up to a ridiculous level.

Same thing happened sheffield retail park when Ikea said hello.

Yes, but thats just speculation.

and to be fair you'd expect Aldi to have rent price controls built into their contract on the place, afterall they were the ones who rescued the development so would have been in a strong negotiating position to start off with.

The location was supposed to be a Tesco, but they pulled out before completion and left the development without it's anchor business.

All of that making it likely the OP is just idle gossip. Only been open a few years, would wager their had a much longer term contract to start with.

Same thing happened sheffield retail park when Ikea said hello.

Yes, that was the owner of that retail park seeing £££ signs in their eyes and adjusting rents thinking the IKEA next door will make the retail park more popular. Is there an IKEA opening in Stocksbridge?

Lets see what happens. Get some more info and confirmation of if its true they want to leave?

That Ikea has never increased business in Sheffield retail park. Matter of fact we and many other people have stopped using that retail park completely since Aldi has gone there.

I'd be very surprised, it's very popular and busy. I hope it doesn't anyway!!