Carbrook Hall pub is closing for good

Guest makapaka

What a shame. Some great memories of the carbrook as a kid - I wonder what the plans are?

What a shame. Some great memories of the carbrook as a kid - I wonder what the plans are?

There are no planning applications in at present, but I'll keep checking my sources.

I always thought it was listed, but I might be wrong.

surely they cannot pull this historic building down,not even the labour council could allow this to happen could they?

Guest makapaka

It won't get pulled down. Would never be allowed.

No it would never be allowed.

If a corporate developer bought it and wanted to maximise the "site" , it would only be a

matter of time before it mysteriously caught fire (old wiring/vandals) and had

to be demolished as an unsafe building.

But that never really happens, I've only seen it on the news a dozen or so times.

Fingers crossed someone buys it and preserves the historical value.

Hopefully it has been bought by someone who will keep it as a privately run pub or restaurant. It's too small for offices or much else, I'd have thought.

When is the pub closing ? This is bad because the buildings is very important part of Attercliffe's history is the building listed is the wooden panelling and plaster ceilings protected along with the fireplaces inside ? If not it needs some sort of protection either on a local or national level sooner rather than later?

No it would never be allowed.

If a corporate developer bought it and wanted to maximise the "site" , it would only be a

matter of time before it mysteriously caught fire (old wiring/vandals) and had

to be demolished as an unsafe building.

But that never really happens, I've only seen it on the news a dozen or so times.

Fingers crossed someone buys it and preserves the historical value.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Given that one of the best reviews is

"...There were so many people I couldnt believe it! There was free thorntons chocolates on all the tables for everyone, sex toys and blow up men it was hilarious..."

and the campaign to keep it as a pub hinges on "..It gets busy at the weekends, with the karaoke..."

I won't be wailing about its closure if it is no longer a pub / tacky bar for low grade carbonated industrial alcohol.

Perhaps if they'd concentrated on running a decent pub in a historic building, instead of relying on out of date tack and claptrap about ghosties & ghoulies it would have been worth going to

The building however should remain; but we should remember that it isn't really Carbrook Hall at all but a later added wing

Given that one of the best reviews is

"...There were so many people I couldnt believe it! There was free thorntons chocolates on all the tables for everyone, sex toys and blow up men it was hilarious..."

and the campaign to keep it as a pub hinges on "..It gets busy at the weekends, with the karaoke..."

I won't be wailing about its closure if it is no longer a pub / tacky bar for low grade carbonated industrial alcohol.

Perhaps if they'd concentrated on running a decent pub in a historic building, instead of relying on out of date tack and claptrap about ghosties & ghoulies it would have been worth going to

The building however should remain; but we should remember that it isn't really Carbrook Hall at all but a later added wing

It is hard to judge a place from its reviews alone. I can't comment on the pub in the past five years, but I spent the best part of every weekend there for six years. There was always a good atmosphere and the place was packed most nights.

The ghost thing rarely came up, there were things I could not explain which occurred, but it never scared me.

Never rated it,poor beer and decor,mind you years since I went in.