Films again at Abbeydale Picture House

I'm helping organise a weekend of film at the old Abbeydale Picture House. From what I know, it's the biggest film event at the Picture House since it shut in 1975. It's a beautiful building and to watch a film in there is quite an experience. At the moment we're busy cleaning the place up and installing 500 cinema seats which we have found upstairs.

It takes place on 18/19 July. On Saturday we're going local and showing Brassed Off and Four Lions. On Sunday we're showing the first film ever shown there, The Call of the Road with a live piano accompaniment followed by Laurel and Hardy - all on beautiful 35mm. There'll be a food market outside, popcorn, ice cream and even a temperance bar and an exhibition inside.

Oh and if you ever went to the Picture House in it's heyday, let me know as we're collecting stories / people's memories to be part of the exhibition upstairs.