Three Valleys beer festival 2013 - Saturday 8th June

Thanks to all who turned up and enjoyed the festival and apologies to those affected by the problems along bus route B.

We had some very serious incidents at the Rutland Arms and Hearty Oak. Lets be frank, the people behind these were not typical festival goers, they were thugs who had travelled up there to cause trouble.

We also had one of the coach drivers on route B assaulted at the Hearty Oak stop plus fighting on board the coaches. The coach company was not prepared to continue operation in such conditions and withdrew service at 6pm.

As you can imagine, all these problems have really disapointed me. I put a lot of time and effort into organising buses and promoting the event (on a voluntary basis) and the individual venues put a lot of money and work into putting on a special event.

However - after route B buses stopped people still enjoyed themselves at Barlow Brewery, the Horns Inn and the Castle Inn using taxis to get to and from those venues.

Route A buses kept running as advertised right up to the end and all the venues were incredibly busy and had a great atmosphere with good ale, food and music - although some of the beer pumps ran dry later on!

A discussion on the festivals future will be held with the venues in due course, there are also discussions about a 'Three Valleys 2 - the Ridges' festival up in the hills in August with venues that don't quite fit into Three Valleys land (think Coal Aston, Apperknowle, Troway and Hundall), watch this space for news!

Edited by Andy C

I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for Three Valleys 2, assuming it's not when I'm on my hols in August.

Whilst it must be disappointing that a few individuals did cause a few problems, it's probably also worth remembering that hundreds of people had a great time without any trouble thanks to the effort of the organisers. At a guess I would think there must have been knocking on 500 people in total at the Three Tuns/Dronfield Arms/Coach & Horses, all having a good time and spending their money.....I bet those three pubs certainly don't regret taking part.

I wonder if the negative events elsewhere are anything to do with the fallout from Sheffield city centre earlier in the day.....They're certainly not individuals who understand the concept of what a beer festival is all about.

Regards

Doom

Three Valleys II - The Ridge

Should hopefully be happening on Saturday 3rd August.

Will include the Three Tuns celebrating their 2nd birthday with a beer and pork pie festival

Also expected to take part are the Dronfield Arms and Coach & Horses.

Plus a number of rural pubs up in them thar hills around Apperknowle, Troway and Hundall. Free bus service from Dronfield rail station.

Details likely to get confirmed next week.

Sounds good but I`m away on hols. Fancy trying the pubs in t`sticks too!

Three Valleys II - The Ridge

Should hopefully be happening on Saturday 3rd August.

Will include the Three Tuns celebrating their 2nd birthday with a beer and pork pie festival

Also expected to take part are the Dronfield Arms and Coach & Horses.

Plus a number of rural pubs up in them thar hills around Apperknowle, Troway and Hundall. Free bus service from Dronfield rail station.

Details likely to get confirmed next week.

It is marked on my calendar already. :)

Will start a new thread for The Ridge beer festival once details are confirmed. The planning meeting with the potential venues is tonight.

Arghh! Just rung Castle but it`s all gone!!! Gutted. Wonder if Rutty have it.

only just seen this... the Rutland have it on right now, and the Shakespeare should have it on next week

only just seen this... the Rutland have it on right now, and the Shakespeare should have it on next week

Fantastic. I should be beer hunting Monday / Tuesday so hope to track it down! :)

run out in the Rutland already - first pint pulled Saturday lunchtime was the end!

Shakey should hop(e)fully have it on this weekend (I hope so, I intend to have a few after brewing on Saturday!)