Cannon Contractors

You don't believe he could have opened a near identical sounding business operating out of the same address as his competitor?

Geared your too suspicious of people :D

---------- Post added 19-06-2018 at 09:07 ----------

I used to work for a Reputation Management company and one of the things we did was provide good reviews for companies. This company, Cannon Contracting Limited, Chesham House, Chesham Road, Barnsley S70 2NT trading as Cannon Contractors was one of these.

They had been getting bad reviews and ratings that they had not been able to get removed from websites. We posted a large number of good reviews on several sites which were mostly 5 star with a few 4 star for realism. The purpose was to swamp the bad reviews with good ones and bring the company’s star rating right up. This is important because it is the first thing people notice when they Google a company. We employ a large number of people posting reviews from their own locations and they would also confirm the review if the review site contacted them.

---------- Post added 18-06-2018 at 19:04 ----------

I have an email notice about a reply by geared to my post above saying "I get the distinct feeling 'blowers' is also 'simmofang' :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:"

I can't see that reply here but the post by simmofang is just the sort of thing we could have done.

So were these (reviews) genuine or made up to help a poor company out ?

My guess is made up.

It's quite a common thing in most areas of business now unfortunately, even on a reputable website like Amazon, there was something about in on Watchdog a month or so back....people were getting paid to leave good reviews, or getting given products for free in exchange for a good review, even if the product was rubbish.

help a poor company out ? rudds 1

A poor company? I don’t think so. These people spend a lot of money to make a good impression on the web. It’s worth it though because it means they can keep trading by using cheap inexperienced labour and giving poor value etc. There’s a lot more money to be made by doing that than the cost of reputation management. You should see the expensive cars the boss drives.

Cannon damp proofing, and cannon contractors are one and the same.

Cannon damp proofing was desolved on a friday, and cannon contractors started trading the following monday.

Both companies had the same managing director a Mr Trueman.

Cannon damp proofing got 99% of their work via canvasses going round door knocking offering ",free" damp check from their "surveyors" who where actually pushy salesmen who targeted older home owners mainly over 65 year olds.

They would quote around £1000 to do a damp proof course that would be done in a day, sometimes less, then once they had you in their grip they would then tell you that more work is required, like dry rot or woodworm, plastering, windows, roofs, kitchens, anything basically and they do not leave your house until you have signed up for the work doing. All shoddy work carried out by unskilled cheap labour for maximum profits.

Now trading as cannon contractors, any guarantees or warranties are null and void, although I think they stopped door knocking about 5 years ago and get a lot of their work from the internet and fake reviews?

The boss of this dodgy outfit drives top of the range sports cars, (£120k Porsche 911 Turbo), and owns loads of property both commercial and residential, poor quality terrace houses and turns them into HMO or houses of multiple occupancy.

Amazing what you can find out on the internet.

Personally I wouldn't let cannon contractors build a wendy house.