Grimesthorpe Part 3

as this site closed or what.

Hi Southweller - We are all thunked out and waiting for you to start it up again. fleetwood

Sorry to be the bearer of more sad news, Melvyn Ward passed away 20th of May.

Funeral to be 5th June, Grenoside South Chapel at 3.30.

RIP Mel'

hi Fleetwood, can you help me? notice you are in Vancouver and i have family in Lac La Hache,just how far in terms of mileage is Vancouver away.Thanks

hi Fleetwood, can you help me? notice you are in Vancouver and i have family in Lac La Hache,just how far in terms of mileage is Vancouver away.Thanks

Hi gramps48 - Yes I have heard of Lac La Hache, I will do a bit of digging and get back to you on that one. fleetwood

Edited by fleetwood

Hi gramps48 - After checking into Lac La Hache it sounds a great area to retire to with all the recreational activities that seems to be plentiful in that area. Located 482 km northeast of Vancouver in the Cariboo region of British Columbia. If you want any more information on it just google Lac La Hache and you get its proximity to other towns as a map should appear and you'll get a better understanding of the whys and wherefores of the area. fleetwood

Sounds a bit like page hall to me :hihi:

Hi gaz 786 - It's a shame when I read about all my old stomping grounds, so sad, what the hell happened eh? fleetwood

Would that be Wards off cyclops street :confused:

Hi Gaz, no he's the son of Fred Ward, Birdwell Rd area.

Hello could anyone tell me what happand to John Crabtree he lived on Margaret street the first house on the right after mrs thains shop in the50sand early 60s thanks

On behalf of Terry Green

Another old Grimesthorpian.Alan Green of Wansfell Road (posting on here as Almac) sadly passed away ,suddenly but peacefully at home on September 17th.His funeral will be held at Chesterfield Crematorium on Thursday October 4th @2.30p.m. Any one who knew him and wishes too attend will be most welcome.Family flowers only. Donations to British Heart Foudation.

Sad to say awoollen a regular on this thread sadly passed away this morning 9.11.18

Sorry to hear that Gaz, wasn't he a relative of yours?

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:28, gaz 786 said:

He was married to Bette dads sister .

Very quite on here not like the old days.

I suppose everyone is on Facebook these days telling everyone  what they had for lunch and boring personal stuff. 

Does anyone know if they have started 

building on cyclopsst yet does anyone know anything about Norma Allen I think she lived on cyclopsst