Office 2016 becomes Office 365

Office 2016 Pro doesn't cost £10 - not everybody can get special deals because their employer uses it. Besides which, it's primarily about control not cost.

I am assuming you have heard of Amazon.co.uk?

You can get license keys from the market place for £10. You download the software off Microsoft and register with the key they email you.

What is the control problem? You buy a perpetual license, it doesn't have an annual fee, unlike Office 365.

Edited by ez8004

I am assuming you have heard of Amazon.co.uk?

You can get license keys from the market place for £10. You download the software off Microsoft and register with the key they email you.

What is the control problem? You buy a perpetual license, it doesn't have an annual fee, unlike Office 365.

Have you looked at the negative reviews of those products (all the positive ones seem to be just after they've installed it)? Apart from the ones who couldn't get it to install most of the others say it stopped working after a year. £10 for a trial version isn't that good a deal.

Have you looked at the negative reviews of those products (all the positive ones seem to be just after they've installed it)? Apart from the ones who couldn't get it to install most of the others say it stopped working after a year. £10 for a trial version isn't that good a deal.

What are you talking about? I have bought multiple copies and never had a problem. I have even called Microsoft to confirm the retail status of the keys. Not my problem if you don’t know what you’re doing.

What are you talking about? I have bought multiple copies and never had a problem. I have even called Microsoft to confirm the retail status of the keys.

Good for you. Given that some people have been reporting getting time limited versions and the OP's trying to buy Office 2016 and getting 365 instead it seems some companies selling through Amazon are being imaginative with product descriptions. Worth warning people about.

Not my problem if you don’t know what you’re doing.

I know what I'm doing - that's why I don't run Windows.

Most people aren't that pedantic about it.

I'm not most people but I guess you knew that! :hihi:

In the context of this thread, it's more bye bye Microsoft Office, hello LibreOffice.

Very true - I was just correcting Esme's contribution. It is also worth pointing out that LibreOffice will work with VoiceOver on a Mac, MS OFfice for Mac won't. LibreOffice works with all screenreaders on all platforms.

And LibreOffice is superior to MS Office 2016 as its latest release allows export of documents as ePub files.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word/will-word-2016-output-in-epub-or-mobi-format/8d7abfd8-e69b-4702-ba89-b742b52cbf97

Er hem! GNU/L*nux - no GNU no L*nux!

There is precious little GNU in Android. Theres a lot of linux though