Traffic regulation order - Langsett Road.

Guest busdriver1
It is but so are a lot of things that bus drivers do consistently. Idling being one of the most common.

Certainly all first buses are fitted with a device that shuts the engine down after 2 minutes so most just turn them off anyway. Not sure about other operators.

Certainly all first buses are fitted with a device that shuts the engine down after 2 minutes so most just turn them off anyway. Not sure about other operators.

Which can be easily overridden by pressing the accelerator or brake. I suggest calling the operators and kindly complaining about constant idling at the location. Then a notice may be put out to drivers to switch of their engine at the stop.

This stop may be a place where early running buses wait for time, like the stops at Broomhill used by the 52 service.

true to form there did not appear to be any notification at the bus stop at the interchange that there had been a change so me and a couple of others just looked on as the bus flew past the other day.

Now there might have been a notice but i did not see it nor did the others or the notice may have been up for a short time but there are many like me who are infrequent users who get caught out by such a change

Not life threatening but very annoying and hardly likely to encourage more frequent usage of our buses

This stop may be a place where early running buses wait for time, like the stops at Broomhill used by the 52 service.

Yes it's a timing point. The problem is the unpredictable traffic at Hillsborough, hence why Buses tend to wait at this stop because the operators put time in the timetable for traffic at Hillsborough. Then sometimes there's not as much traffic as expected so the Buses get there early. But have to wait until the departure time.

An accident waiting to happen, buses just pulling out without looking like one did the other day, nearly took out the car in front of me when we had just come down Ripley St

An accident waiting to happen, buses just pulling out without looking like one did the other day, nearly took out the car in front of me when we had just come down Ripley St

No different from any other bus stop with layby

But that's what busses have done for years. Driving instructors should teach mirror, signal, manoeuvre before pulling away but it would appear many (not all) bus drivers believe in manoeuvre, signal (maybe), mirror (again maybe).

surely signal, manoeuvre. mirror?