More and growing E Bay scams/hacking, etc.

Seems to be more and more of these frauds on e bay, last week there were series 7 braun shavers for under ten pounds, i took the chance and of course, it was fraudulent, innocent sellers page hacked:

"We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorised third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions."

Now, there are similar items going for under 30 pounds, (won't link) which MAY, i am not sure of course, be the shame, have highlighted it to e bay, 30 odd sold though, still wondering worth taking the bait again, for some reason they didn't take my money out of PP.

Edited by gamezone07

If it looks too good to be true it usually is......

Ebay haven't taken the latest possible one off, 26.00 for a 130 pound shaver?

Half the issue lies with eBay themselves. Their reporting categories never seem to match what you're trying to report.

Seems to be more and more of these frauds on e bay, last week there were series 7 braun shavers for under ten pounds, i took the chance and of course, it was fraudulent, innocent sellers page hacked:

"We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorised third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions."

Now, there are similar items going for under 30 pounds, (won't link) which MAY, i am not sure of course, be the shame, have highlighted it to e bay, 30 odd sold though, still wondering worth taking the bait again, for some reason they didn't take my money out of PP.

Ebay often claim that an innocent sellers account has been hacked. I think in some cases an account has been built up with feedback before its used for fraud by the actual person behind the account. Ebay admit to very little, they seem to be a law unto them selfs and do not want to admit vulnerability.

Ebay often claim that an innocent sellers account has been hacked. I think in some cases an account has been built up with feedback before its used for fraud by the actual person behind the account. Ebay admit to very little, they seem to be a law unto them selfs and do not want to admit vulnerability.

That does happen but also you can go buy ebay/paypal accounts on the dark web. Also there is a scam where someone will ask you to list items for them with some excuse to why they can't themselves and promise you x% of the money obviously the items don't exist.

Half the issue lies with eBay themselves. Their reporting categories never seem to match what you're trying to report.

and they don't ever seem to bother following up reports.

and they don't ever seem to bother following up reports.

Very true.

I called them about a scam I got caught by. I must have told the bloke about 20 times that I wasn't bothered about the £2.99 but they needed to stop the seller now. He continued to tell me how Ebay isn't reasonable for getting money back... complete and utter tool that clearly wasn't listening to what I was saying. Ebay did nothing and the seller continued to scam at least another 100 people going by the feedback.

I was refunded the £2.99 but I won't waste my time trying to report again. I did leave some colourful comments on their "How did we do" follow up email.

I was informed discussions between ebay and sellers are confidential and they would not tell me the outcome of the checks, i am beginning to think there are many many more cases of fraud on ebay that i had previously thought, that ebay fraud processes may not very thorough, and will be more careful in future.

certainly never heard of ebay accounts for sale!

certainly never heard of ebay accounts for sale!

You don't even have to look on the dark Web these days. Simply googling "ebay accounts for sale UK" brings up multiple websites freely advertising accounts.

Edited by Resident
Fixed quote tags

Not as many bargains as there used to be, so many using ebay for part time work they have to make decent profits, buying up non trade items, etc: pc components come to mind,6 year old MB's costing the same as new!

not a scam but example of weird pricing, wanting over 5.50, for an item that has 4.99 sticker on!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352375373516?ul_noapp=true

Edited by gamezone07