Penistone road closed 26/05/2018

Between bradfield road and banforth street, hope nothing serious

Posts removed

There has been an accident which is serious enough to have closed the road in both directions. This is not the thread to attempt to display your humour.

A close relative witnessed the aftermath - young male in collision with a car.

I agree - a little respect is required here.

Edited by Daven

Would this have affected the Tram ? . Mrs has just got home after waiting 55 mins for Tram . Hope everyone involved is ok

The extra traffic that’s diverted onto Infirmary Rd/Langsett Rd has caused delays to trams.

The extra traffic that’s diverted onto Infirmary Rd/Langsett Rd has caused delays to trams.

ok thank you

Sadly, the young man involved has passed away.

I read that too in the sheffield star, really sad i have boys the same age. Every time they leave the house i say mind the roads! they sometimes walk down to that mcdonalds and i stress about that awful crossing nr Hillsborough bus station and i always tell them to walk along path at top of morrisons to avoid crossing road coming into morrisons at the bottom as roads are always really busy down here as they are everywhere now i m sure!. The kids think i m over the top but i think they know i mean well. My thoughts are with the family and friends of the boy involved.